Cubase - what do you use that makes the Pro version worthwhile

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musicproducerdee wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:29 pm The 2 effects you mentioned indeed look newer. Actually the UI is fine and functional, it's just the graphics that look oldish. And yes, the menus by far look the oldest.
Well except maybe Reaper...

Cubase is one that, to me anyway, is greatly improved by putting on some time to setup of templates and window layouts etc.

By now all specific pro features have been mentioned. I think you should pass on Pro. Upgrade if you out grow whatever you own or buy.

Must admit that none of them sound like my kind of essentials. GAS got the better of me. TBH I'm still only using a fraction of what Artist offers, and learning. I suspect I could even get away with using Essentials etc, but I think I'd miss quite a few of the plugins and some general features. Looks like Steinberg are slowly shrinking the list of differences between Artist and Pro...

musicproducerdee wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 pm since we're here and even I'm considering getting Cubase 12 Pro on the current sale, does anyone have any insights as to if Steinberg plan on modernizing the GUI of Cubase? It's just feels too old skool in comparison to Ableton/Logic and even Studio One.
Try the demo first. It's a great DAW.

musicproducerdee wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 pm since we're here and even I'm considering getting Cubase 12 Pro on the current sale, does anyone have any insights as to if Steinberg plan on modernizing the GUI of Cubase? It's just feels too old skool in comparison to Ableton/Logic and even Studio One.
The current GUI 'is' Steinberg's version of a modern one.
It used to look like this ten years ago, maybe not quite modern by today's standards but certainly easier on the eyes IMO.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I really don't want them to change the GUI because this IS the Cubase. If you feel it won't comfortable with your taste, I don't understand why you're considering getting it... You have options to choose Ableton, Logic, or even S1. :shrug:
hide.h [MySite]

I remember missing the look of the old mixer but the scaleable elements and other enhancements made sense and as I understand it the lack of 3D highlights and shadows puts less stress on the Computer. I wouldn’t let this determine the purchase . I agree, the current look resembles a glorified spreadsheet but it is highly functional. Your music won’t care and you’ll stop noticing it after a few hours as You come to grips with its features.

lotus2035 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:04 pm
The current GUI 'is' Steinberg's version of a modern one.
It used to look like this ten years ago, maybe not quite modern by today's standards but certainly easier on the eyes IMO.

Actually the compositing engine is exactly the same and always running, even without the drop shadows and 3D highlights, so there's no difference in GPU or CPU load. Flat interfaces are more of a design trend/fad.

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:04 am as I understand it the lack of 3D highlights and shadows puts less stress on the Computer.
I presumed all this was just part of the assets they use, not actually rendered in real-time. In fact, not even sure how much of the UI is raster and how much is true vector, because much of it goes soft if you do certain resolution scales.

I thought at version 10 they went vector with hidpi/ retina support. I can’t find anything that states definitively that the mix console is raster or vector though. If any of you know for certain and aren’t speculating chime in. The interface is otherwise functional but uninspired to my eyes.

Scotty wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:24 pm ... I can’t find anything that states definitively that the mix console is raster or vector though. ...
If it wouldn´t be vectorized, there would be no way to seemlessly scale it... that´s the proof at the very end...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”