Which Should I Buy?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, all. I have a Mac Studio M1 running Pro Tools.

For my orchestral sampled instruments, I have been using the free version of Project Sam. I like it and have been able to do some cool things with it. Additionally, my thoughts have been to purchase a full version of a sample library. Well, just this week, N.I. has sent me two offers, and I wonder which is the better one to go with?

Number one is The Kontakt Factory Library 2, with 43 Gigs of samples for $150. In addition to orchestral, they are including acoustic instruments, synths, choirs, etc.

Number 2 is the full version of Project Sam Orchestral Essentials with 8 Gigs for around $90. Just has the orchestra samples.

Any thoughts on which is the better deal? Which sounds better? Which is easier to use? More bulletproof? Is the Kontakt worth $60 more-especially since the PS free version sounds so good?

Thanks for the thoughts, insights, and help.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Both are good deals. Project Sam's free stuff is great, so worth getting the essentials.
The Kontakt Factory Library 2 - might be included with the purchase of another product.

Aneek
VOID & VISTA

STRANDS - OUT NOW
www.voidandvista.com (http://www.voidandvista.com)

ProjectSAM > Native Instruments

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”