Hey IK, When You Finally Do MODO Guitar...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nobody mentioned AAS? Its modeled and can strum. Also in Bitwig I can strum any sound… Even controllers like the LinnStrument can strum…

AAS sounds nice but I would like some more realism and better one-string slides.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Hey guys, some college students from China recently released a free demo they made of a physically modeled guitar. It's by no means perfect, but if a couple university students can do this, imagine how good MODO Guitar will be! If they were ever having any difficulty, maybe there could be something to learn from these university students as well, as it seems they've put out some info on how they did it.
https://weonix.github.io/Physical-Guitar-ICMC-Demo/

There's so much customization already from just this plugin alone... the possibilities are really endless!! Can't wait for MODO Guitar to come out already 🙏 it's gotta be this year!!!

I would rather have Arturia hire these students than IK. The chances are better to get a MPE version, which would be mandatory for such an instrument… And I prefer Arturias business model over IKs… (I am not at all interested in specific guitar models, which IK would sell and minimize the customization possibilities in exchange…)

DJDbeats wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 am Hey guys, some college students from China recently released a free demo they made of a physically modeled guitar. It's by no means perfect, but if a couple university students can do this, imagine how good MODO Guitar will be! If they were ever having any difficulty, maybe there could be something to learn from these university students as well, as it seems they've put out some info on how they did it.
https://weonix.github.io/Physical-Guitar-ICMC-Demo/

There's so much customization already from just this plugin alone... the possibilities are really endless!! Can't wait for MODO Guitar to come out already 🙏 it's gotta be this year!!!
They have links to the standalone/Vst3 links at the bottom of the page. It seems to work really well, a shame it is not being further developed.
Works very much like SSG7G with key switching.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

Nobody mentioned AAS? Its modeled and can strum.
It can't strum in Keyboard play mode.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
~A.Rand

I hate to say it but I've given up on MODO GUITAR ever being released.

"It has to be this year"...well um, I've been saying this since like 2017. That is a long time. What has changed?

"It has to come out this decade" might appear to be more appropriate for MODO GUITAR.

Or never.

One wonders why they released the drums as the second part of MODO? It's likely that they ditched the guitars and went straight for the drums.

Maybe they will. Don't count on it.

Guitar doesn't translate to keyboard
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Ample Sound seems to do alright.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I had a dream last night that I was using MODO Guitar... It just feels close now, but I can understand, for those who have been waiting for years, how discouraging it seems that it's still not even announced yet. I just really think it's coming soon now, and that we may hear some news on it by the mid-section of the year.
Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:44 am I would rather have Arturia hire these students than IK. The chances are better to get a MPE version, which would be mandatory for such an instrument… And I prefer Arturias business model over IKs… (I am not at all interested in specific guitar models, which IK would sell and minimize the customization possibilities in exchange…)
I can understand the part about their business, but I think either IK Multimedia or Audiomodeling are still the best candidates to ever create a physically modeled guitar plugin. I don't know if Arturia's will turn out as good on their own, since (as some might know) even their Piano V(2 and 3) plugin had help from a pre-existing engine created by Moddart... I just don't find it likely that they'd be able to pull it off themselves, until later in the game. IK has pretty much pushed the idea of physical modeling to the front lines, as well as Audiomodeling, and their implementations are noteworthy. Arturia's physical modeling so far has only been physical modeling of things that can't compare to physically modeling drums or string instruments, for example.
Overall, I don't think the IK business model is absolutely terrible, either, since they frequently provide deals and discounts for those who have spent enough money with them. I don't blame them, since they're just trying to sell in a similar fashion to how it works in the real world (each guitar model, amp model, pedal model, etc. is sold separately for you to choose what you want), and it comes out still much cheaper than the real things in the end.

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:48 am Ample Sound seems to do alright.
They aren't physically modeled, so the appeal for physically modeled instruments (theoretically as much expression as the real instrument or more, multiple times more customization than sampled instruments, etc.) is lost. Apart from that, I always come across various other caveats and nuisances that I don't really come across when something is physically modeled and sample-free. I've tried most of their stuff, and it just doesn't compare to if those instruments were modeled. Once the realism barrier is broken, I know that physically modeled instruments will undoubtedly become a more popular option for almost any VST.

I definitely agree that a good physically modeled guitar would be superior to sampled guitar. I was merely saying that Ample Sound (and Music Lab Real Guitar) are able to design virtual instruments that "translate to keyboard" and are playable in real-time, and follow fretboard logic. So if they can do it, MODO GUITAR could do it, too.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

The agony!

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:06 pm I definitely agree that a good physically modeled guitar would be superior to sampled guitar. I was merely saying that Ample Sound (and Music Lab Real Guitar) are able to design virtual instruments that "translate to keyboard" and are playable in real-time, and follow fretboard logic. So if they can do it, MODO GUITAR could do it, too.
I realized you were replying to the other guy after reading again 😅
we're still waiting patiently, just requires persistence akin to the likes of Michael Superbacker...

DJDbeats wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 amCan't wait for MODO Guitar to come out already 🙏 it's gotta be this year!!!
DJDbeats wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:42 pm I had a dream last night that I was using MODO Guitar... It just feels close now, but I can understand, for those who have been waiting for years, how discouraging it seems that it's still not even announced yet. I just really think it's coming soon now, and that we may hear some news on it by the mid-section of the year.
Nope to both. Ain't gonna happen. I know that IK have never actually said that it's not going to happen but there have been words from someone there that "things can change" or words to such effect. So yes, you should forgot MODO. Like, really forget it.

It's gonna be never. We're now 3 years out from the 10 year mark when IK released MODO BASS. So it's now nearly 7 years since the basses were released.

Something tells me that it won't be happening. Yes, I know it took from 2016 to 2019 for them to release the drums, but drums are super easy to emulate and super easy to reproduce from samples anyway.

But they decided to focus on the easy stuff. So the hard stuff got left in the backrooms of London Airport. Or, in other words, it's not gonna happen. Sorry.

Return to “Instruments”