Best One Knob Plugin or Plugin Suite?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!! I work in an educational environment and need to get results fast. My ears ring like the Bells of St. Mary's, so I cannot trust them. Which easy peasy one-knob plugin(s) are more than snake oil? I've heard great things about Landr, and Waves One Knob. Others? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Audified has VocalMint Compressor and Saturator and even their ToneSpot Express series only have 2 knobs. I cannot vouch for them as tools, but not a developer to sell snake oil. Many of the Techivation plugins seem mostly to be boiled down to one knob.

I dislike One-Knob'ers. However The God Particle imparts a consistent shine on audio sources with some tweekability. That would be the top of my list for One Knob'ers that I've used.

I only own the Waves One Knobs, which were included in one of my large Waves bundles. I don't really use them often, but they do work as advertised, make audible changes to the sound (i.e., no snake oil here), and sound fine to my ears.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Acoustica Audio has now also some one-knob-style plugins (https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/t/acqua/fire), probably different than Waves, but also great sound quality from Acoustica.

Maybe have a look at those tools that learn the input signal and generate (hopefully somewhat) fitting presets, like the iZotope or Sonible stuff.
For example, with the Sonible pure bundle (comp, reverb, limiter) and their smart:eq you have a solid baseline of machine learning assisted mix tools.

ye, sonible pure bundle is awesome
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I watched a few YouTubers demo Sonible Pure. That and CRADLE The God Particle seem like the two best "snake oils" from my research. I also own and like Sausage Fattener. Any thoughts on these three compared to all the others? The demos on Waves One Knob don't seem too impressive . . . just pre-set EQs or something. That's probably what Sausage is too, but Pure and God Particle appear to have some thinking going on under the hood.

Would Character be considered 'one knob'? If so, I really liked it. Very subtle but effective.

Who makes Character? Subtle is good at times. ;-)

Well, I have a knob and I'm good at what I do.

ampetrosillo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:13 pm Well, I have a knob and I'm good at what I do.
:hug:
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Noveltech Character

Return to “Effects”