● View – Next Macro Page
● View – Previous Macro Page
● View – Select Macro Page
● Transport – Toggle Loop Display
● Help – Usage Data Settings

The following issues have been fixed:
● [Browser] Shortcuts do not work because of active search
● [Impact XT] Labels missing on drop-down menus
● [macOS] Certain audio interface settings (float/integer) are not transferred from the OS
● [MixFX] Porta Cassette crashes when bus is set to Mono
● [Start Page] When deleted, shared songs are not removed from the list
● [Console] "Assign in Ascending Order" for outputs may select unwanted channel types
● [Console] In maximized main window, send slots disappear when dragging Console divider upwards
● [Console] Send divider will appear in unwanted positions when adding channels while the Console is hidden
● [Console] "Add Insert to Selected Channel" doesn't work for all channel types
● [Note Editor] Vertical zoom doesn’t work when applied by key commands
● [Pro EQ³] Sidechain spectrum not shown when re-opening a song
● [Project Page] "Transform to Rendered Audio" is available despite absence of plug-ins
● [Score Editor] Song notes created in Studio One 5 are not displayed when the song end marker has been moved
● [Smart Templates] Added error handling for unsupported video formats
● [Smart Templates] “Play Now – Piano” doesn't load instrument samples in Studio One Artist
● [Smart Templates] “New...” dialog drop zone layout changes between templates
● [Smart Templates] “New...” dialog expand state is not stored correctly
● [Video] Potential glitches in exported video when export range is original video length
● “Mixdown selection” bounces entire Event
● Graphical glitch when importing certain picture formats to artist profile
● C-2 note is not displayed in every editor in certain cases
● [Compressor] Knee value field missing
● Video playback is not latency compensated
● When using a touch display, context menu won't open on long-press
● Crash when disabling Instrument Track with plug-in that has sidechain input enabled
● Crash when using Japanese (Kana) for key commands
● Customization panel has wrong order of elements
● Duplicating ranges of automation on folders ignores preferences and duplicates events
● Inspector show/hide button of Pattern Editor not visible on small screens
● “New...” window won’t show up instantly when called under certain conditions
● Moving a track by drag and drop may take more than 30 seconds in certain cases
● Performance Monitor checkbox doesn't move while scrolling horizontally
● Sound Variations don't follow note sizing
● Vocoder / Ampire knobs get stuck on first mouse move
● VST3 plug-in user interface state not properly recalled in certain cases

Sync points are really useful.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:00 pm Sync points are really useful.
Honestly, I don’t see why they’re really necessary at all. I’ve always just extended the front of the clip to snap to the closest beat, and then all subsequent copies are synced correctly.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:04 pm
Honestly, I don’t see why they’re really necessary at all. I’ve always just extended the front of the clip to snap to the closest beat, and then all subsequent copies are synced correctly.
Useful for one shot audio files like rise and hits, shifted claps etc. to match the peak to the grid easily

Yeah, but what I’m saying is you can do that by extending the front of the clip to snap to the beat, which works to sync it in the same way.

The only advantage I really see to sync points is you can have tighter clip containers, which really doesn’t matter at all.

I would have much rather seen preSonus introduce automation clips for a unified approach to working with all automation data, and make the automation clip freely (re)assignable to any track/plugin/parameter.

Sometimes the snap points are not at the edges, sometimes they are in the middle with audio either side.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

But they still sit somewhere within uniform timing. If the hit starts at x.4.108, it will always land on x.4.108 as long as the front of the clip is snapped to the beat. A clip is just a container that can have an arbitrary length that can be grown or shrunk in either direction without moving the absolute position of the data contained within.

I guess if you’ve got to extract a single sound from within a larger audio file with little to no silence before it occurs, a sync point would be more useful than extending the clip start position.

jamcat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:38 pm Yeah, but what I’m saying is you can do that by extending the front of the clip to snap to the beat, which works to sync it in the same way.
That's because the prime use isn't for quantised projects.

It's very useful for post where you're anchoring a sound effect hit to a visual cue, or if you're working with audio stems from a live band that is not to a grid, as you can snap to transients. Not to mention if you adjust/automate tempo the anchor point remains fixed.

A welcome addition, for sure. Ability to set custom anchor points is available across all kind of creative applications for graphic design, video and audio. Do with it what works for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGVXhOJlmZo

I'm inclined to think that in most cases, extending the event has the same practical result as a sync point. So in that view, they do not seem that useful.

Nevertheless, extending the event to include the desired offset might also render audible undesired content. And in the spirit of always making things the most easily understandable for others or your future self when reopening an old project, I think these sync points might have some utility.

Not that I found that release very interesting, mind you.

The ability of freely choosing tracks colors, I almost immediately took advantage of, but that didn't bother me that much before, if at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YsNqXBpK1w

The Project Template were obviously missing before, just not to me up to now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cAeS0wXuTk

All considered, not overwhelmed by this update.

For my workflow, a better handling of MPE/mixed MPE MIDI recording, especially regarding things like quantizing (having automation follow the notes), would have been more interesting.

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:48 pm
Sometimes the snap points are not at the edges, sometimes they are in the middle with audio either side.
In my experience I've found that features of a new release sometimes seem minor or not at all useful at first, but tend to grow with me.

I was hardly excited by retrospective record but gradually it has worked its way into my workflow. I hardly ever click the record button anymore. Instead I just play then recover whatever I like retrospectively.

Agree that my first impression of Sync Points was ... meh. I too deal with those moments by extending the event to the previous bar. But I am willing to give Sync points a try.
Your Advert Here!!!

lights wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:22 pm ...
Agree that my first impression of Sync Points was ... meh. I too deal with those moments by extending the event to the previous bar. But I am willing to give Sync points a try.
Cubase had this already for a long long time and I find it super helpfull when dealing with any kind of audio material which doesn´t line up the grid...
Imho much easier and faster than trying to extend the clips... I think this is a great addition to S1!

lights wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:22 pm I was hardly excited by retrospective record but gradually it has worked its way into my workflow. I hardly ever click the record button anymore. Instead I just play then recover whatever I like retrospectively.
Yep. To me it is an absolute must have now. I may have been noodling a few hours aimlessly when I suddenly strike and something to my liking just passes by.

Another example for me is what Studio One ended up naming "Dual Pan Mode" (which was recently added in 6.0 I believe). Using mostly soft synths which frequently make heavy use of stereo effects and even very different left and right channels, I couldn't do without that mode in easy reach.

Meter itself is a cycle of sync points.
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”