What type of synth is best for recreating these types of house sounds

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really curious as to how the lead and stabs that come in at 3:28 and 3:49 are made, I've heard a few tracks over the past year using similar types of sounds, but I've been struggling at recreating them. The closest I got was using flute and other wind instrument presets on the Korg M1 and then processing them, but I haven't been able to come close with trying to synthesize them myself. They sound like they are coming from a specific type of synth, like an additive or poly synth, so I thought I would ask for some advice on some forums.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f05eK9Gwgzs

CHOOS probably can do it all in the free Vital. You can check out the preset pack offerings for various synths to see what genres/sounds are available (if you aren't into making your own sounds). Reveal Sound Spire has a ton of packs for sale, but so do others.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Thanks! I have Vital and Spire, honestly haven't used them much though, I've been mainly using Dva and other u-he stuff.

What is CHOOS? I searched Google, but nothing came up about it.

If you check some of the recent threads in the "Sound Design" part of KVR Forums, you will see some where CHOOS, a member here, has used Vital to recreate sounds that others were asking about. My point was that all you need is one synth, a free one at that. The other synths you have are great, and you should be set for House music.

It's more about the knowledge and skill. CHOOS has posted a lot of videos over the years where he recreates sounds--I learned a lot from him.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Vital presets + midi
M-High - Endless Whispers.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”