Studio One 6.1 is in the pipeline

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yup- upgraded yesterday- same as always, just opened S1 and the start page told me there was an update, click 'yesy' or whatever the prompt is and it auto updated.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Oh, I haven't seen that clicky thing yet. Maybe they delay it for Artist users until all the Pro users have updated? Good to know they aren't going to start charging us (yet). I should update my laptop to v6, I bought the license ages ago, then I could see if I can update that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:17 am Oh, I haven't seen that clicky thing yet. Maybe they delay it for Artist users until all the Pro users have updated? Good to know they aren't going to start charging us (yet). I should update my laptop to v6, I bought the license ages ago, then I could see if I can update that.
I am not sure if Artist always get the same updates, it isn't mentioned in any of the 6.1 promotion I have seen. Maybe they have to do a different update/version for Artist?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

When I opened S One 6 Artist it prompted me there was an upgrade to 6.1, which I downloaded and installed and have ran, and there was nowhere that a charge/fee/price was applied during any of that process.

jamcat wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:50 am More in-depth feature videos:

Thanks Jamcat for gathering all those vids in one place. Real convenient.
Your Advert Here!!!

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:41 am So you have done it? Nobody else here has said they have and I saw nothing in my user account to suggest I could get 6.1 for free, either for my Pro or my Artist license. The only other time I had to go to my user account to get an update was for the paid upgrade from 5.x to 6. All the free updates have required nothing more than clicking on a link on Studio One's home page (the application's home page).
Yes I have done it and here's what I see in MyPresonus acct area:
2023-03-23_06-09-49.png
You should see the same on your end.

Cheers!

VP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SLiC wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:29 amI am not sure if Artist always get the same updates, it isn't mentioned in any of the 6.1 promotion I have seen. Maybe they have to do a different update/version for Artist?
Interestingly, Artist and Pro are exactly the same install, just with a different license, which (obviously) deactivates some features if you have an Artist license. That, of course, means you can't run them side-by-side, you have to choose which you want.

Anyway, I'm a complete f**king idiot! All I had to do was "check for updates" but it only just occurred to me to do that. Now I'm up to date and it's time to go and check it all out.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:39 pmAll I had to do was "check for updates" but it only just occurred to me to do that. Now I'm up to date and it's time to go and check it all out.
Rock on Bro!

VP

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:33 am As I said, that is how it has worked in the past but there is nothing at all to suggest it is still the case. You are jsut assuming it is. And yes, I am on version 6 so I would have expected an update link if it was a free update but no link has been forthcoming so far.

They are also putting a lot mroe effort than usual into promoting it, yet none of the promotional material says it's free, so until someone can tell me definitively that they have downloaded and installed the update for free, I am going to assume it is not.
Bones, I updated for free yesterday. No issues here at all. I do not have Sphere, BTW.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Yep, so did I.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:08 pmYep, so did I.
Glad you got it sorted out. :tu:

FWIW, the fifth dimension of MPE, Lift is still not recognized by Studio One 6.

Do I use it a lot? No, I doubt anyone does. Is it irritating that it's not there? Yes, both because I lost a ton of time trying to figure out why it wasn't working (and the techies I was working with apparently didn't know anymore about it than I did; finally, the second techie became aware of the issue and figured it out. Studio One 6 is simply not fully MPE compliant) and sometimes, albeit rarely, it is very nice to use that capability if the music demands or would be strengthened by its use.

Is it such a huge issue that I intend to stop using Studio One and use another DAW? Well, I already do use another DAW sometimes and Bitwig (and Waveform, for that matter) have no issues with the entire MPE protocol (including Lift,) so that's kind of a non-issue. But more to the point, there is no perfect DAW, I guess, though in truth, probably all of them do more than I'll ask them to and there are work-arounds for just about anything; I do get this. No, I'm hardly considering abandoning Studio One.

OTOH, I do wish that Presonus had been straight about this inability from the get-go and saved me and a couple of their techies the waste of several days of our lives collectively. Yes, this would qualify for a very small issue, but again, a bit of follow-through to include all of what's included in the spec, rather than just 4/5of it, would have been nice.

BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:39 pm Anyway, I'm a complete f**king idiot!
It’s now official. BONES has called every KVR member an idiot. :party:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:36 am
BONES wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:39 pm Anyway, I'm a complete f**king idiot!
It’s now official. BONES has called every KVR member an idiot. :party:
:lol:

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:43 pm Custom colours ? I was already way ahead of them with a full 3D custom .png graphical overlay system back in early 2016... oh well.
lol :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”