Professionals mostly use Macs? Should I go Windows or Mac?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(|Audiopath|) wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:29 amYou will absolutely NOT make it as a successful musician until you use a Mac.
The evidence is overwhelming that this is True.

Look at who uses Macs: Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Pharrell Williams, Michael L, the list goes on . . .

If you Google, "Why do professional musicians use macs?" you will get 1,520,000,000 results.

Just sayin' :shrug:
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

So the number of results is more important than the reasons themselves? I'd also suggest that if the artists you list are using Macs, that's an excellent reason for me NOT to use one. Who'd want to be counted with those fucktards (especially the last one). Don't get me wrong, I'd take their money but I wouldn't prostitute my art like they have to get it.
Last edited by BONES on Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:31 am I wouldn't prostitute my art like they have to get it.
You're just jealous that you're not as fuckable as we are.

(but if you had been a Mac user . . . )
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Miley Cyrus uses Linux.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

donkey tugger wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:36 am I know it's otter.
some girls are bigger than otters

Actually, I think there is a technical limitation preventing Windows to work properly with Audio Plugins. In particular, VSTs that are emulating analogic hardware don't emulate with the same accuracy with Windows than macOS X...
Lol, I am kidding of course. How come this discussion still continues when the conclusion is so obvious?
Both Windows and Mac are perfectly able to run our music software perfectly. Done, end of the story. You want a decently spec-ed computer well packaged and no headache ? Take a Mac. You want to taylor your computer exactly the way you want ? Take a PC. Both are great... The rest is a question of individual tastes. It is like launching a poll pizza vs pasta, what's the best ? The one you prefer...

The only point that has evolved recently is the Mac laptops have an ARM offer (M1/M2) certain persons (like me) are ARM lovers and will go to it whatever the brand. Windows doesn't have yet a powerful enough offer for ARM CPUs, you have to stick with x86...

Just for the fun of the discussion, it would be funny to have Bitwig, U-He or Fabfilter saying on the "recommended configuration for PC" : Buy a Mac. Or vice-versa... lol.

Weasel, it was really nothing.

hand in vole

Vole, I Wonder

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

jamcat wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:54 am Miley Cyrus uses Linux.
Pretty sure she uses drugs.
You are currently reading my signature.

I stoated something I couldn't finish.

badgerism begins at home

Heaven Knows I'm Mustelid Now

The Quoll Is Dead

There Is A Mole That Never Goes Out

Largemouth Bass Strikes Again

This Charming Lamb
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Squirrel friend in a Cobra

I know, I know,... it's serious
Last edited by cryophonik on Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”