Arturia V Collection 10. Predictions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

UAD is the best sounding virtual Mini and Native Instruments proved their model sounds identical to the unit it was modelled on.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

ghettosynth wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:53 am Here you go, a much better test for starters. FM modulation with full on resonance and fast envelope modulation. All controls in view and you even get multiple clear demonstrations of the sound with easy to replicate control changes that result in quite different sounds, e.g., from one osc octave to another, and from one waveform to another.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piv1ikBFUTo

To be clear, I don't give a rats ass about Minimoog emulation. I'm not a Moog fanboi at all. But if you want to argue that the experience is accurate, at least start with something that has a little bite to it.
But couldn't you just puke all over the circuit of something like this to get in the balllpark of that?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Just wondering if you think Modular V would get a remake in the next version?

davidka wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:31 am Just wondering if you think Modular V would get a remake in the next version?
Or the Solina :)

Dark Fiber wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:51 am
davidka wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:31 am Just wondering if you think Modular V would get a remake in the next version?
Or the Solina :)
The current one already have sounds "good enough" for the Jarre-esque stuff I sometimes play. Though I never played a Solina in a hardware form to compare with...

What do you think which could be improved on the Solina V? Or which additional string synth could be considered to complement it?

davidka wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:12 am What do you think which could be improved on the Solina V? Or which additional string synth could be considered to complement it?
I used to have a Solina in my studio. I think the Arturia model is pretty spot on.
The only thing I would change is I would remove the HUMANA voice, which has no place on a Solina (or at least hide it in the Advanced panel.)

As for additional string machines, I'd love to see an ARP Quadra and a Polymoog added to V Collection.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

i think there's no question ARP 2600 will be in the next round off updates. would be disappointing if not. Beyond that not sure. Modular is also clearly due. My bet is arp and moogs refresh.

Those who do not support MPE yet might get an update. ARP2600, OB XPander seem obvious. They have to balance between completely new ones and renewed versions to get as many as possible users to upgrade early...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:14 am Those who do not support MPE yet might get an update. ARP2600, OB XPander seem obvious. They have to balance between completely new ones and renewed versions to get as many as possible users to upgrade early...
Do you mean "Matrix 12" (as an update) rather than "XPander" (as a new entry)? The XPander was really just a Matrix 12 without the keyboard; I don't think there were any other differences except for the existence of the keyboard. If there were other differences, I'm not sure they would be significant enough to make sense to have both in the collection. FWIW.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Yes of course, Matrix 12 was two Xpanders sort of, 12 instead of 6 voices... The Xpander was one of my dream synths I could never afford back in the days. And it was released earlier...

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:38 am Yes of course, Matrix 12 was two Xpanders sort of, 12 instead of 6 voices... The Xpander was one of my dream synths I could never afford back in the days. And it was released earlier...
Okay, gotcha. I am with you on this (both for an update and previously wanting to buy one myself, but balking at the prohibitive cost.) Way back when, I did end up with a Matrix 6R instead. I owned it until only a few years ago, basically because I wasn't sure I could justify hanging onto it if I wasn't going to play it out (mostly, I'm a tenor/soprano saxophonist) and Arturia had come out with the Matrix 12.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Personally I would like to see the end of old analogue emulations - we have enough of them already and Arturia to develop something new, refreshing and never released before just like Pigments...

Not until all the synths are modeled. And to a high degree of accuracy.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Increasingly I’m finding innovation on the iOS platform. If you are looking for inspiration, pick up an iPad 6 or above and explore what’s in the App Store. Most of it is reasonably priced and often lower priced than desktop computer plugins.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:17 am Personally I would like to see the end of old analogue emulations - we have enough of them already and Arturia to develop something new, refreshing and never released before just like Pigments...

Behringer style Massive x :hyper:

Return to “Instruments”