Wish list for DC 2023

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's 2023 and there are already all kinds of VSTs and VSTIs. But are there really all of them?

Which VSTs or VSTIs would you still wish for? Which plugins are not yet
available? Post your secret and maybe spooky wishes for the DC 2023 here. :hyper:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Oh yes:

Here you can finally let your most extreme wishes and your wildest thoughts
run free: Which plugin do you want? With which plugin would you have - if the
plugin existed - already achieved your No.1 hit?

The developers can perhaps get ideas from these wishes. And see what the
KVR people want. We should only consider that there is only 4 or 5 months
to construct such a VST(I). But some create amazing things in such a short time.

Well...i have a mental picture of a graph VU meter. Mono or stereo. It lights up and slowly rises. Then it happens again, with the earlier one continuing and this second one comes as a second wave. And there's a third wave and a fourth and...
So...it could come from different sources but i wonder if it could come from tracks with an instrument. Each instrumenttrack is a wave on the graph VU meter. The inputs to the meter should be controlling the time of the wave start and the wave speed.
Five tracks of slightly different organs rolling as waves at you. :love:
I assure you i'm not on drugs. I just get these silly ideas in my head occasionally. :D

Euclidean Delay: :tu:

Currently there's only 1 such thing and it is the one Line6 makes (Found in their DL4 MkII and the same one in Helix hardware and native plugin).

If someone could take the concept way further than Line6 has with their Euclidean Delay that would be a dream come true! :hail:

This 20 minute video gives a good idea of what a Euclidean Delay is capable of. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeBE_UXd47I

@jinxtigr sorry to bother you with this post, but would you consider entering with a Euclidean Delay? :wink: You're already a very respected developer in the music production community so you'd probably win + the Line6 Helix interface in the video looks almost like an Airwindows plugin… :hihi: :tu:
Last edited by Yadrichik_Chaya on Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Ahh yes, briefly to the "Euclidean Delay": An
"euclidean delay" seems to be just a normal delay with some
more parameter than usual:

1. For the time domain you have "step time" or "note-sync".
The first is in milliseconds, the last in musical note values.
In the mode "note-sync" the sequencer-tempo is taken as
a basis.

2. "steps" denotes the subdivision of a measure. We would
choose 4 for quarters and 8 for eighths.

3. "fill" specifies how many of the measure-divisions should
be filled with delay signals.

4. "rotate" shifts the signals one step further within the
measure-divisions.

The special feature is the parameters (2) steps, (3) fill
and (4) rotate. These parameters are particularly musical, as
they place the delays on the musical timeline of 8ths, 12ths or
16ths. The sketch shows how to place the delay signals exactly
within a measure. Source here.
'
euclidian delay - steps and fills 01.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Never sure about the morality of just saying "a free version of this commercial plug" but... :)

maybe a midi seq based on the one in a certain fm drum machine, based on neurons... more options, clearer gui (all on one page etc).

Oh, and a nice simple but well spec'ed sampler with various pitch shifting options to replace Waves CR8. ;)

A midi effect plugin that lets you manipulate a motif in many ways (reverse, invert, extend notes, split into voices, half tempo, etc)
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I think a free alternative to Waves plugins would be nice, since they've gone subscription based only for now. It's been annoying as hell since I decided yesterday to switch to a mac and rebuy some of my favorite plugins and I just couldn't. R-Bass was a lot of times a lifesaver for some of my mixes. On my wishlist, it's number 1: R-Bass alternative.

enroe wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:10 am Ahh yes, briefly to the "Euclidean Delay": An
"euclidean delay" seems to be just a normal delay with some
more parameter than usual:

1. For the time domain you have "step time" or "note-sync".
The first is in milliseconds, the last in musical note values.
In the mode "note-sync" the sequencer-tempo is taken as
a basis.

2. "steps" denotes the subdivision of a measure. We would
choose 4 for quarters and 8 for eighths.

3. "fill" specifies how many of the measure-divisions should
be filled with delay signals.

4. "rotate" shifts the signals one step further within the
measure-divisions.

The special feature is the parameters (2) steps, (3) fill
and (4) rotate. These parameters are particularly musical, as
they place the delays on the musical timeline of 8ths, 12ths or
16ths. The sketch shows how to place the delay signals exactly
within a measure. Source here.
'
euclidian delay - steps and fills 01.gif

That image is no way near how the Line6 Euclidean Delay looks like, only how it works, but that image is really how the plugin ought to look like! :tu:

Very clean interface! :D

The ”Rotation Section” just like on the that pic should be automatable or synced with a possibility to easily switch between rotations.

In the video, very interesting things happen when you have two instances running at the same time doing different things. :phones:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

how about a beat slicer that lets you easily change the time signature of a clip? for example, you could feed it a loop in 4/4 and through controlled or random (ideally options for both) cuts and repetitions it outputs a loop in 3/4 or 5/4 or whatever you want.

it's entirely possible that this sort of thing already exists and i'm just blissfully unaware, i'll admit that i haven't looked too hard for it.

Iris3

emikaela wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:42 pm how about a beat slicer that lets you easily change the time signature of a clip? for example, you could feed it a loop in 4/4 and through controlled or random (ideally options for both) cuts and repetitions it outputs a loop in 3/4 or 5/4 or whatever you want.

it's entirely possible that this sort of thing already exists and i'm just blissfully unaware, i'll admit that i haven't looked too hard for it.
The only one I know (caveat: I'm no expert) is Stylus RMX. And that's just 3/4 time and busier/less busy variations. One certainly shouldn't have to invest in that whole ecosystem to get what you're describing in 2023.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

I can't wait to see what FullBucket has up his sleeves.

enroe wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:03 am It's 2023 and there are already all kinds of VSTs and VSTIs. But are there really all of them?

Which VSTs or VSTIs would you still wish for? Which plugins are not yet
available? Post your secret and maybe spooky wishes for the DC 2023 here. :hyper:
Linux support for everything ;)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

We still don't have anything like a "Gooderizer"! :(

What is a "Gooderizer"?
It might look like this:
gooderizer_26_opt.gif
That is a new VST plugin that easily makes any kind of song "good":
Imagine your track or song sounds so mediocre, maybe just bearable.
And then you insert the "gooderizer" onto the track, turn up a few
knobs - and the song just sounds "good".

The "Gooderizer" has 5 parameters:

1. "gooderize": How good should the song sound? Here you can turn
up the intensity from 0 to 10. But never turn in too much of a good thing
here.

2. "into the face": How far should the song jump into the face, i.e. come
"to the front".

3. "into the ass": How strong should the fundamental intensity be?

4. "make hit": Should the song become a "hit" - i.e. end up in the first
place in the charts? And keep in mind: Never overdo it!

5. "hoterize": How hot should the song sound?

It is certainly possible that a VST developer will make us happy with
the "Gooderizer" or a very similar plugin. And of course: Whoever
presents a "Gooderizer" here also wins the prize! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”