VPS Avenger 2.0 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:24 pm Added the video demonstrating the ARP Randomizer and Quantizer to the OP.
https://youtu.be/B3Xs5LWqIe8
This is actually amazing. You can basically generate the whole arangement, and nonsense free, since it will stick tho the key and rhythm, while retaining the freedom to tweak and edit to one's liking and needs, say to a melody line you seek to harmonize. What a great function!
Just a modest 80's admirer.
My SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-675457440

Stan Navi wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:14 am Still no info on upgrade price?
Nothing yet on pricing or dates.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Wow, I just bought a rent-to-own license for Avenger today and did not see anything on the site about version 2.0. Hopefully the new version comes out soon and Ill have the option to pay the difference?

So far LOVING this synth and everything that it does, including the drum sequencer and all the powerful stacks of fx, etc etc. Ive been on it for about 2 hours so Im still in the "click everything and self-teach" mode.

One question -- I rarely read manuals, but will read them if it really comes down to it. :D I cant seem to find MIDI learn settings for Avenger. Anyone know where MIDI learn is?
EDIT: nevermind - found it! : )
Last edited by Milkman on Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Milkman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm Wow, I just bought a rent-to-own license for Avenger today and did not see anything on the site about version 2.0. Hopefully the new version comes out soon and Ill have the option to pay the difference?

So far LOVING this synth and everything that it does, including the drum sequencer and all the powerful stacks of fx, etc etc. Ive been on it for about 2 hours so Im still in the "click everything and self-teach" mode.

One question -- I rarely read manuals, but will read them if it really comes down to it. :D I cant seem to find MIDI learn settings for Avenger. Anyone know where MIDI learn is?
Connecting external MIDI controllers:
In the lower right corner you can see the lastly used incoming midi controller. As you can see, there is
a 6pin handle to drag and drop this controller to any VPS Avenger control (like you can do with the
Mod Matrix drag and drop feature). Once you connected it with an VPS Avenger control, for example
the cutoff dial, you midi controller is from now on linked with the cutoff. If you turn the midi
controller, your cutoff will also turn.

Deleting and manage existing MIDI connections:
On the SYSTEM page tab, you can reach the MIDI connections overview. You can delete existing MIDI
connections here. Furthermore you can import & export your settings, or set them as default, so the
settings will be saved even if you close/re-open VPS Avenger. You reach those functions with a
rightclick or the icons above.

Hope this is helps- enjoy and there will be an upgrade fee with 2.0 you can take advantage of.

Updated the OP with the tentative release date of Q3/Q4 2023, aliens notwithstanding:
msvs wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:34 am we plan to release in 3/4th qarter 2023 and do everything possible to realize this. And if not something odd happens, like corona, world financial crash or aliens, we will be able to do this.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I guess the Aliens will come as we need to be kept in constant crisis mode...

If the condition is no world financial crisis, the OP should directly put Q4 2025.

Milkman wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm Hopefully the new version comes out soon and Ill have the option to pay the difference?
I wonder if the upgrade price would be any different if it was bought from Plugin Boutique for 50% off? I don't think it will be, but who knows.

2023 is a crisis year, many a man won't have the money to upgrade. I hope they won't release under the pressure by people who demand a fast release and push the dev in such unstable times, anyway there's nothing worse than a not 100% good upgrade. I agree, 2025 hopefully will be more stable or dev should release it back in 2021. Anyway the synth Avenger doesn't seem to be the dev's main profit focus, it is obviously mainly about selling the expansions and I think the main reason v2 has not been released yet is because they have to produce and offer a lot of expansions for V2 with all new features.
So the synth V2 upgrade will be for free, I suppose.

Why charging for cornet, if you want to sell ice cream?!!

DCrown wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:11 pm Why charging for cornet, if you want to sell ice cream?!!
Well, I am not so sure that vps is focusing on extensions. Not because of the quality (many of them are great) but because of the marketing around it.
Extensions end up as a small icon in the ui.
No sexy introduction video.

I know vps is not focusing on marketing and benefit more from feedbacks of happy customers, but yet. All the teasing around v2 shows additional attention to marketing. There is not much around their extensions. These "Bartek" covers are not up to modern youtube standards. If you look at uvi promotional video for things like quadra, the quality is on another league.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:17 pm
DCrown wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:11 pm Why charging for cornet, if you want to sell ice cream?!!
Well, I am not so sure that vps is focusing on extensions. Not because of the quality (many of them are great) but because of the marketing around it.

I know vps is not focusing on marketing and benefit more from feedbacks of happy customers, but yet. All the teasing around v2 shows additional attention to marketing. There is not much around their extensions. These "Bartek" covers are not up to modern youtube standards. If you look at uvi promotional video for things like quadra, the quality is on another league.
Neither VPS/Bartek videos, nor UVI made me buy something, just the opposite.
VPS has lots of VPS + VPS Bartek + Bartek channel expansion videos, most of them the same every time and Bartek presents Avenger as a solo entertainer workstation, nice to watch 1or 2 videos, but c'mon, not so many, too repetetive!
The UVI presentations by this young guy are so bland, I can't watch more than 1 minute.
One day I demoed Avenger and liked it that's all, I can't imagine to have more than 10 expansions in the next 5 years, though.
With 2 or 3 videos of each expansion, the focus is on selling expansions obviously.

I use UVI less than I thought first.
I use Avenger more than I thought first.

Regarding the fact that V2 will have a lot more features, also lot more macros a good custumer friendly service of a dev would be to update all existing expansions and expand and adapt them to new features.
One expansion is € 69!
Now you have 5 assignable macros, v2 20?, so way more macros that could be assigned, more effects, arp with more features etc more cool presets!

Does anyone expect the dev to improve existing expansions? I don't. I think a lot of new V2 expansions will be released, that's how they want to make money.

I read a post that all new features won't be included because of too high cpu performance. So cpu optimization seems to be a big task, maybe they should offer a light version, maybe the reason they won't offer a demo is cpu, but users will share it anyway, last but not least producing new expansions might be reasons why release takes a bit more time than expected.

DCrown wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:25 am Well, I am not so sure that vps is focusing on extensions. Not because of the quality (many of them are great) but because of the marketing around it.

Neither VPS/Bartek videos, nor UVI made me buy something, just the opposite.
VPS has lots of VPS + VPS Bartek + Bartek channel expansion videos, most of them the same every time and Bartek presents Avenger as a solo entertainer workstation, nice to watch 1or 2 videos, but c'mon, not so many, too repetetive!
The UVI presentations by this young guy are so bland, I can't watch more than 1 minute.
One day I demoed Avenger and liked it that's all, I can't imagine to have more than 10 expansions in the next 5 years, though.
With 2 or 3 videos of each expansion, the focus is on selling expansions obviously.

I use UVI less than I thought first.
I use Avenger more than I thought first.

Regarding the fact that V2 will have a lot more features, also lot more macros a good custumer friendly service of a dev would be to update all existing expansions and expand and adapt them to new features.
One expansion is € 69!
Now you have 5 assignable macros, v2 20?, so way more macros that could be assigned, more effects, arp with more features etc more cool presets!

Does anyone expect the dev to improve existing expansions? I don't. I think a lot of new V2 expansions will be released, that's how they want to make money.

I read a post that all new features won't be included because of too high cpu performance. So cpu optimization seems to be a big task, maybe they should offer a light version, maybe the reason they won't offer a demo is cpu, but users will share it anyway, last but not least producing new expansions might be reasons why release takes a bit more time than expected.
[/quote]

You are stronger than I am.

This one was an instant buy....
https://youtu.be/T0aTWMTqARg
Was like shut-up and take my fu.....ng money.

This kind of videos are way cooler than VPS or Bartek, I agree.
UVI always sounds pretty good, but my experience is that I don't use UVI, it's the same with Arturia, pretty strange that both are French - I could add Modartt - and I am pretty Francophile.
Everyone is touched or inspired by different things and it's good that way!

DCrown wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:43 am This kind of videos are way cooler than VPS or Bartek, I agree.
UVI always sounds pretty good, but my experience is that I don't use UVI, it's the same with Arturia, pretty strange that both are French - I could add Modartt - and I am pretty Francophile.
Everyone is touched or inspired by different things and it's good that way!
I am French actually even if I stay in Singapore.
It is funny how a large part of the best music companies are coming from Europe... My bet is that most of the very good developers in US are going to the GAFAs and Asian are more going to banks/fintechs leaving the lead in this small sector to Europeans.

I agree with you with pigments, I love the company but I don't use it often. Falcon on the contrary is my new favorite toy.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:36 am
One expansion is € 69!

I think more Macro buttons is because of Avenger 2 not because of new Expansions.
If you own Expansions with Avenger 1 and you upgrade to Avenger 2 you still can use them and you will be able to use them with 12 Macro Nobs and 8 Macro Buttons.

Return to “Instruments”