What crashes my fyler 1.0.7:

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really would like to continue to use the best file browser for midifiles. I especially love the possibilties to preview, listen and drag midifiles or seperate channels of midifiles into my daw.

But unfortunately i experience crashs for example if am closing a window, loading a tab preset, doubleclicking a folder, pressing CTRL + T. If i intensively work with Fyler it lasts not longer than 10 minutes. Another bug is that the info with CTRL + I is only displayed once per window.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour or is it just me? Is an update in work or do i just have to live with the current state?

Best regards
Alexander

Not sure, but it looks like Fyler has a problem whenever the directory, the folder is changed. If you stay in the same folder it looks more stable. That doesn´t help me but it may help you for the next update.

I experience crashs for example if am closing a window, loading a tab preset, doubleclicking a folder, pressing CTRL + T. If i intensively work with Fyler it lasts not longer than 10 minutes. Another bug is that the info with CTRL + I is only displayed once per window.

It looks like changing the directory is a real problem. Could be the number of files a problem. I have kind of save folders and toxic ones where Fyler crashes instantly if clicked.

Regards
Alexander

Thank you, I'll check this ASAP!

You can open more info windows if you want, check this setting:

Please do not start a new topic for each post, instead add Fyler posts to your previous Fyler topic.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

I see Attila. I guess i forgot to set the "Always on top" option to "Yes". Sorry for doubleposting. I wanted to make sure that my experience lands in the bug department. But i guess i pressed New Topic instead of reply. Is there no subforum for fyler. Maybe there should be one for every MD product. I will continue here. You can delete the post "Fyler 1.07 does not stop crashing".
Last edited by Alexxxis on Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not sure, but it looks like Fyler has a problem whenever the directory, the folder is changed. If you stay in the same folder it looks more stable. That doesn´t help me but it may help MD for the next update. Also i have folders where Fyler refuses to fill the content column with midinote previews. Even if you wait for 12 hours.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour or is it just me? Is an update in work or do i just have to live with the current state? Are there any known settings which makes Fyler more stable? Is it better to use only one Fyler window? Can the number of files in a folder be a problem?

I use Fyler 1.0.7 (x64) with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

Best regards
Alexander

I am testing changing directories fast with MIDI/image contents. I found and fixed a bug already but will continue to test it. I expect an update in 2-3 days (v1.0.8) that will be more reliable.
I am sorry for the issues.

I will attempt to move your post from the other topic here so that they are not lost.

Thanks!
Attila

Thank you Attila! I tried starting Fyler in Admin Mode and got the feel it runs more stable now. ;-)

Good news: I managed to fix a few issues during testing Fyler in the last few days.
v1.0.8 is already uploaded, which should be more stable.

Click on this link to download the update: download Fyler

Improvements since the previous version:
  • Improved UI responsiveness when working with big media files
  • Fixed MIDI labels rendering clipping problem
  • Fixed a crashing bug when changing folders
  • Fixed restoring user colors
  • Other stability improvements

Thank you so much (Attila?) ! The rendering of clips in big folders seems to work much better now. I will check the other issues i mentioned and give you my updated experience asap!

Would it also be ok to send you this as a mail to info@ ? I have the feeling there are not a lot of active Fyler users here to reply to posts.

Regards
Alexander

Hi Alexander,

yes, feel free to send me e-mails if you find something. That is better because I do not read the forum every day.
I have the feeling there are not a lot of active Fyler users here to reply to posts.
Yes, you are right, but I don't understand why because Fyler is a vastly improved File Explorer... :shrug:

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:20 pm Yes, you are right, but I don't understand why because Fyler is a vastly improved File Explorer...
It certainly is. But it is not so obvious. Let me help you to improve it more. I have some ideas you might find interesting. :)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”