UADx Opal Morphing Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:33 am Bay Area don't know sushi
Wut? There are plenty of small places that I’d put up against anything anywhere. The place we ate is just a decent midrange restaurant, but down the street is one that’s on par with anything I’ve had in Japan.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

idoru97214 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:42 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:28 am
idoru97214 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:42 pm After playing with this for a couple of days I definitely have buyer's remorse. Even at $50. Gorgeous filters, yes. Really nice sound. Completely un-inspired sound banks. PIA to program. All IMO, of course. It is so boring. So boring. But sounds amazing for how boring it is... weird.
Yesterday I went out for Japanese. One dish was just raw tuna encrusted with sesame seeds in a yuzu and soy sauce marinade. Out of all the things we ate, it was the hands down favorite of both me and my wife. Sure, the Godzilla rolls were good too, but sometimes something simple that’s super high quality just hits the spot. Not everything needs to have every option possible. Go make something in VCV Rack Pro if you want everything possible.
I just don't like it. Not saying you can't. I appreciate the life coaching. Rethinking everything now.
Your life is a lie. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

And there is a problem with ilok cloud right now--some systems are down. So Opal will not load properly. Blech.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:07 pm And there is a problem with ilok cloud right now--some systems are down. So Opal will not load properly. Blech.
And ilok cloud server is working again. Still, blech.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:37 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:07 pm And there is a problem with ilok cloud right now--some systems are down. So Opal will not load properly. Blech.
They announced last week they could shut it down for maintenance. That’s why I just use the dongle.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:57 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:37 pm
They announced last week they could shut it down for maintenance. That’s why I just use the dongle.
Yes they did.
But yeah even before that I only use their dongle.. you couldn't pay me to use their hardware authorisation or cloud..
been using the dongle for decades now with nary a problem.
rsp
sound sculptist

Are dongle or machine licensing available with UA Connect?

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:22 pm
idoru97214 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:42 pm After playing with this for a couple of days I definitely have buyer's remorse. Even at $50. Gorgeous filters, yes. Really nice sound. Completely un-inspired sound banks. PIA to program. All IMO, of course. It is so boring. So boring. But sounds amazing for how boring it is... weird.
Yesterday I went out for Japanese. One dish was just raw tuna encrusted with sesame seeds in a yuzu and soy sauce marinade. Out of all the things we ate, it was the hands down favorite of both me and my wife. Sure, the Godzilla rolls were good too, but sometimes something simple that’s super high quality just hits the spot. Not everything needs to have every option possible. Go make something in VCV Rack Pro if you want everything possible.
I just don't like it. Not saying you can't. I appreciate the life coaching. Rethinking everything now.
That hits so close to home. He he. For reference, when I go to sushi, I just want Hamachi nigiri and a spicy dynamite roll. Or scallop roll. Hmmmm

I'm sure I'll use the opal. But it's my first purchase from UAD. So what was really sad was watching my expectations hit the modulation interface.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:36 pm Are dongle or machine licensing available with UA Connect?
For sure dongle is, that is how I use it.
rsp
sound sculptist

Guys, "Godzilla" and "Dynamite" are not sushi.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:36 pm Are dongle or machine licensing available with UA Connect?
Dongle and cloud.

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:00 pm Guys, "Godzilla" and "Dynamite" are not sushi.

rice isnt it?

idoru97214 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:43 pm
That hits so close to home. He he. For reference, when I go to sushi, I just want Hamachi nigiri and a spicy dynamite roll. Or scallop roll. Hmmmm

I'm sure I'll use the opal. But it's my first purchase from UAD. So what was really sad was watching my expectations hit the modulation interface.
Yeah, the mod matrix… could use a redo, that’s for sure, but it’s usable and fairly flexible. It would be better if they let you use oscillators as mod sources, or even polyphonic aftertouch and MPE…. Yeah. It’s not perfect, but what really sold me is the two filter setup with the distortion abilities. That and the pole morphing. Oh, and AM/FM between the oscillators. It’s supreme for making aggressive sounds and pads that are usually what I associate with only being possible with hardware synths.
Zerocrossing Media

Uncle E wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:00 pm Guys, "Godzilla" and "Dynamite" are not sushi.

No, they go on sushi.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:03 am
idoru97214 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:43 pm

Yeah, the mod matrix… could use a redo, that’s for sure, but it’s usable and fairly flexible. It would be better if they let you use oscillators as mod sources, or even polyphonic aftertouch and MPE…. Yeah. It’s not perfect, but what really sold me is the two filter setup with the distortion abilities. That and the pole morphing. Oh, and AM/FM between the oscillators. It’s supreme for making aggressive sounds and pads that are usually what I associate with only being possible with hardware synths.
I bought it in the end for $55 with tax. :party:

Return to “Instruments”