Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry, my bad… did see Eoropa briefly, but obviously that’s not the case… :neutral:

SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:26 am Reason 12 40% off https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... &sort=name
Even as RRP (which I personally believe is the best use), this is crazy value for money.
You get some excellent effects (saturations, reverbs, beat synchronised filters and dozen of others) and many Class A synths like grain, Europa or even Thor...
Plus it is a new world opening with the rack extensions...

I'm considering upgrading for 11 to 12 simply because Reason 13 might be subscription only. How likely is that?
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Ghostwave wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:19 am I'm considering upgrading for 11 to 12 simply because Reason 13 might be subscription only. How likely is that?
Very, very unlikely....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Ghostwave wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:19 am I'm considering upgrading for 11 to 12 simply because Reason 13 might be subscription only. How likely is that?
Not likely at all.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SLiC wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:42 am
Very, very unlikely....
Thanks. I may just stick to 11 then.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

There’s a livestream, but apparently they’re not revealing the new instrument yet.

https://www.youtube.com/live/O6m_wPgVnCM?feature=share

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

RRP really is AMAZING value for money but honestly having to login each time you use the plugin is more "cumbersome" than I thought it would be. It really isn't but the fact that it takes a bit prevents me from using it.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 am RRP really is AMAZING value for money but honestly having to login each time you use the plugin is more "cumbersome" than I thought it would be. It really isn't but the fact that it takes a bit prevents me from using it.
You don't need to login each time at all!

Actually it is a kind of bug that happened to me too. Reason was setup in bitwig with one instance per plugin and on song with many instances it was triggering a login.

Reason Studio support helped me on that. If you change the setting in biwig to run the RRP "per vendor" meaning all the RRP will be on the same sandbox, then it is working beautifully.
No need to login. And I managed to open my tracks with no Internet connection without any problem.

Needless to say, the RRP never crashed on me so having one sandbox for it, is far good enough.

Jac459 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:15 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:37 am RRP really is AMAZING value for money but honestly having to login each time you use the plugin is more "cumbersome" than I thought it would be. It really isn't but the fact that it takes a bit prevents me from using it.
You don't need to login each time at all!

Actually it is a kind of bug that happened to me too. Reason was setup in bitwig with one instance per plugin and on song with many instances it was triggering a login.

Reason Studio support helped me on that. If you change the setting in biwig to run the RRP "per vendor" meaning all the RRP will be on the same sandbox, then it is working beautifully.
No need to login. And I managed to open my tracks with no Internet connection without any problem.

Needless to say, the RRP never crashed on me so having one sandbox for it, is far good enough.
hmm, are you sure? In Reaper I'm prompted to login whenever I open the plugin for the first time, or when I open a project with RRP in it. It's only the first time though, new instances don't require it.

Yes yes, I am 1000% sure because the bug has been running with Reason Studio for 2 months before they pointed me to this very simple solution.
To confirm: now I open Bitwig from scratch, I open a track --> no prompt.
I connect from the plane with no internet --> it works.

From time to time I guess RRP will have an internet connection to validate licence but it is once per week or so, not every time (and as far as I can tell it is without prompt).

The time it takes to scan 1000+ plugins when running as a standalone DAW after update makes launching it a real drag.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Wait til you get the 1000+ plugin bug. Pretty sure its never been fixed. It manifests as a graphical error in the thumbnail display. Support advised me Reason has trouble addressing large plugin counts. It may be
1500+ but i was told 1000+, I havent seen
it in some time, but i never reinstalled everything since then. Maybe fixed but i
doubt it honestly. :shrug:

Jesus... 1000+ plugins is just laughably too much crap IMHO. I would never EVER get anything productive done with that much stuff in my arsenal. Thankfully I'll never have to worry about that bug! :lol: :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”