Waves abandon perpetual licenses and WUP

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still waiting for confirmation on what's going on. No mail from Waves yet.

But wouldn't it be illegal to have a sale of a bunch of products one day, and then the other day shift the whole premise of the ownership? No - I still can't believe even Waves would do something like this. It would piss off so incredibly many old customers.
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

If the link went to a phishing site rather than waves.com I'd be inclined to believe that you actually received such an email.

opcode wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:38 pm If the link went to a phishing site rather than waves.com I'd be inclined to believe that you actually received such an email.
Dudes. I could care less about this and have no reason to post bogus links. You do you.

All I got was a notice that 6 of my plugs (currently on the old Update Plan ) are expiring on April 7 (which they are) and they will NOT be included in any Upgrade Plan going forward.

I know this makes a bunch of you upset - but it is what it is. Waves has no reason to treat me special. Makes sense that this will be common knowledge as soon as the update that is going on right now on the Waves site is complete.

VP

People are always quick to claim info like this is fabricated. This - as it usually is - sounds genuine to me. Sound like a typical chaotic release with some info out early, leaving an incomplete picture.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:34 pm No - I still can't believe even Waves would do something like this. It would piss off so incredibly many old customers.
have you heard the tale of Darth Avid?

wtf? :o

vurt wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:18 pmwtf? :o
As it seems Waves is about to implement Oversampling, after all these Years.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:44 pm
opcode wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:38 pm If the link went to a phishing site rather than waves.com I'd be inclined to believe that you actually received such an email.
Dudes. I could care less about this and have no reason to post bogus links. You do you.
So you are saying you care?

Or did you mean you could not care less?

VitaminD wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:34 pmOr did you mean you could not care less?
To clarify - I could not care less if some users believe this is BS.

Fairly certain that Waves has better things to do on a Sunday morning that send me (and ONLY me) a bunch of bogus email links etc.

To me - it appears big changes are afoot and as long as I can use my existing single licenses without doing anything subscription wise - it's all good.

VP

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:34 pm No - I still can't believe even Waves would do something like this. It would piss off so incredibly many old customers.
Quite the contrary: from all the companies in the audio market, Waves would be the one capable of doing this.

so annoying

El°HYM wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:24 pm
ive got a bad feeling about this...

The only thing I can say: there will be a new website, so stay tuned ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

El°HYM wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:24 pm
Yep, will be announced the 1st of April.
More BPM please

A screenshot from Waves Central right now.

Return to “Effects”