A compact DAW for a noob (looking to find one for my friend).

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bizzazz wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 pm Waveform free is surprisingly robust. One of my friends has been using it as his main DAW without any noticeable limits.
Op is on PC but i'm on mac and Waveform is a crash fest here. I have owned a licenced from 1 to 7 version until it has becomen not reliable enought. Perhaps he can try Waveform free version and see if it suits him.
Personally, Traction 1 (before the names changed to waveorm) was my first and main DAW until I stopped licencing at tracktion 7, I like the interface and still keep an eye until a stable version for mac will come out.

dupont wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:18 pm bitwig 8 tracks ?
Yes - here's a comparison chart:

https://www.bitwig.com/de/feature-list-8-track/

TBH I dunno what they were thinking when they decided to leave out comping.

Compare this to Live Intro (which allows 16 tracks , rather than just 8 ):

https://www.ableton.com/en/live/compare-editions/
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

dupont wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm
bizzazz wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 pm Waveform free is surprisingly robust. One of my friends has been using it as his main DAW without any noticeable limits.
Op is on PC but i'm on mac and Waveform is a crash fest here. I have owned a licenced from 1 to 7 version until it has becomen not reliable enought. Perhaps he can try Waveform free version and see if it suits him.
Personally, Traction 1 (before the names changed to waveorm) was my first and main DAW until I stopped licencing at tracktion 7, I like the interface and still keep an eye until a stable version for mac will come out.
I just updated to 12 this week and can confirm that it still crashes like there is no other thing it can do. No wonder they don't allow license transfers....worst 50 bucks spent in a while
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:05 pm
dupont wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:25 pm
I just updated to 12 this week and can confirm that it still crashes like there is no other thing it can do. No wonder they don't allow license transfers....worst 50 bucks spent in a while
they should name this DAW crashform :D

Tracktion Crash&Burn
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Cakewalk is free and decent I think

Ableton are doing a special deal you can pay installments and it's on sale too , worth a look ,

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”