Recreating RBass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've seen Dan Worall saying few words about recreating what RBass does - it included making a copy of given track, filtering the lows and saturating them with any given plug and then blending it to the original.

Does anybody do that kind if trickery to mimic RBass, or how do yall deal with situation that you would normally use it?

@
Related to Waves being assholes with their subonly policy now, looking for replacement, since it's one of 2 plugs I find unique from them. 2nd one is StudioRack which comes handy worh bandsplitter and vst3 host.

I would run the bass track through a crossover (Multiband FX2 module in my case using Bitwig), then just saturate the low end.

ETA: TB Pro Audio ISOL8 is a good, free, band splitter.

Olnium wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:58 pm I would run the bass track through a crossover (Multiband FX2 module in my case using Bitwig), then just saturate the low end.

ETA: TB Pro Audio ISOL8 is a good, free, band splitter.
Thanks for ISOL, I'll be trying to fit it into some good workflow now, since studio rack made it very comfortable to split and FX single bands.

And yeah, I guess it's just that easy, it's about workflow that made rbass so great. Surprising there is no other alternative

If you want to keep it self contained, you could try Lovend from Analog Obsession. It's free.

Give Unfiltered Audio's Bass Mint a try, I stopped using MaxxBass and RBass in place of Bass Mint

Sorry if this isn't suitable, but from your description would something like HoRNet Harmonics Pro do the trick?

You can generate orders of harmonics to the signal, use the emphasis filters so it only applies to the frequencies of your choice, then blend the dry signal in as much as you want.

Whilst that is what is going on in theory, their implementation of it is pretty convoluted. Their's a paper out there describing how it works and it's not just some kind of waveshaping function through filtering
I

I got -40dB for RVox with proc2 which is enough for me.
Haven’t tried Rbass yet.

expensive option would be Tone Projects i guess

Mbassador from Melda is a pretty decent bass enhancer. You can use it in parallel so the synthesized new bass information can be further processed as well which makes things very flexible.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I wish I could confirm, I am looking for RBass alternative right now, neiher PA Mint, nor MBassador come even close.
Bx subsynth (I generally dislike bx,
but Waves has become even worse!)
is not bad, but it's not RBass.

You can try Spectre by Wavesfactory. This video did convince me quiet a lot that Spectre does help tremendously to get bass translate on small speakers (which basically is what RBass does).
https://youtu.be/PjaBwQQ8tKA
Last edited by adl on Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Leapwing RootOne is a good alternative. Not identical, though in some ways better.

ChristopherWD wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:55 pm Sorry if this isn't suitable, but from your description would something like HoRNet Harmonics Pro do the trick?

You can generate orders of harmonics to the signal, use the emphasis filters so it only applies to the frequencies of your choice, then blend the dry signal in as much as you want.
Oo, didn't see that there's emphasize option. Must've been regular version I remember. Looks neat, I despise HorNet for it's bugginess, but might give it a try!

Thanks y'all, some good options to check out - bass mint, is the one I forgot and might be suitable.

Leapwing RootOne looks like extended version of Rbass, it's pretty expensive though - will keep an eye for it on sales.

There’s also voxengo LF Max Punch. Which I generally prefer on percussive sounds

Also this one might be an alternative and currently in sale:
Bass XL by denise
https://www.denise.io/store/denise/BassXL
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Return to “Effects”