TAL Drum - Why does it have no BPM detection?

Official support for: tal-software.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, I am wondering...is there a reason? Or any plans to implement that in a future update?

It seems unintuitive to always open the drumloop that I have found through the Tal Drum browser in Windows explorer, drag it into my daw so I can find out the tempo by changing the host bpm until the drumloop fits perfectly to the grid. Or are there other ways to do it?

I love Tal Drum (and Tal Sampler) so far and am really happy I have found these tools.

Greetings! :)

I always just use this site and tap to find BPM, quick and easy and works pretty much every time:

https://www.all8.com/tools/bpm.htm

seangm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:04 pm I always just use this site and tap to find BPM, quick and easy and works pretty much every time:

Oh, this is a good way. All these programs and tools have so many functions, I did not even think of doing it that way. I just found out that in FL Studio I can even tap a tempo and it directly changes the host BPM to it. Thank you! :tu:

ancient7 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:31 pm
seangm wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:04 pm I always just use this site and tap to find BPM, quick and easy and works pretty much every time:

Oh, this is a good way. All these programs and tools have so many functions, I did not even think of doing it that way. I just found out that in FL Studio I can even tap a tempo and it directly changes the host BPM to it. Thank you! :tu:
Cool, yeah I didn't really think about it but probably most DAWs have a tap tempo function so that's even easier.

It kind of does, but it's a little strange. When you have a pad open and go to the Slice tab, click where it says BPM to change to BEATS. Input the number of beats, then go back to BPM. It should have the BPM as calculated based on the sample length and number of beats.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I've noted this and will pass it on, I know that Drum is scheduled for a lot of attention; updates and additions, later in the year though so it's probably a good time for feature requests, I know the list is already fairly hefty though... Maybe we should have an ongoing stickied feature request thread? Happy to start one although no guarantees everything will make it in or how long it might take.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Lots of updates and additions? For me it is quite perfect as it is and I wouldn't mind if Patrick just sticks to fixing bugs, but I wouldn't say no to a simple step sequencer (with swing) which you can assign to different notes and play practically whole song by triggering sequences. Having an automation track for CCs would be killer. ;) Absolutely great for live jams and this would make it a little bit, if not quite a bit more distinctive from the other software drum machines. A drum plugin without a sequencer shouldn't be called a drum machine without a sequencer, actually. Well he doesn't, it's simply TAL-Drum. :) I sometimes also use it for triggering various samples. Sometimes you just want to play some samples and have simple editing available. Great product! :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:54 pm Lots of updates and additions? For me it is quite perfect as it is and I wouldn't mind if Patrick just sticks to fixing bugs, but I wouldn't say no to a simple step sequencer (with swing) which you can assign to different notes and play practically whole song by triggering sequences. Having an automation track for CCs would be killer. ;) Absolutely great for live jams and this would make it a little bit, if not quite a bit more distinctive from the other software drum machines. A drum plugin without a sequencer shouldn't be called a drum machine without a sequencer, actually. Well he doesn't, it's simply TAL-Drum. :) I sometimes also use it for triggering various samples. Sometimes you just want to play some samples and have simple editing available. Great product! :tu:
Well: "alot of attention" - "updates and additions", so not necessarily both :) I'm actually not sure what the intention is in detail at this point. The sequencer I already addressed in another thread - for now nothing like this is planned I'm afraid. For my use case just using the sequencer in my DAW is fine, it becomes unwieldy to have sequencers embedded in the plugin also but I get that people find different things useful.
emptyvessel
Professional sound design for manufacturers and composers
Sound Designer @ Novation.TAL.Arturia.UnfilteredAudio.Kilohearts.PaulHaslinger(composer).Tritik.Xils.AEModular.
https://store.emptyvessel.co.nz/

Return to “TAL Software”