Waves, some alternatives

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I m not going to use Waves any more.
I have been using Wsves for many years, now looking for some alternatives of unique Waves plugins.

RBass - is Melda MBassador similar?
Mv2 - is there something similar?
MaxxBass
Vitamin -?
WLM Plus- used it for every mix, is there something similar?

Waves reverbs are damn good, but I am going to buy Altiverb now. I always was on the fence, now is the time to grab it.
Their key instruments are fantastic, I am going to buy Keyspace now.
Some Tapes are nice, am going to xheck IK Multimedia tapes now.

Some more popular Waves plugins?
What are the alternatives?
Last edited by Leo1999 on Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Waves Alternative spreadsheet. Feel free to contribute

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:20 am Waves Alternative spreadsheet. Feel free to contribute

Thanks, but honestly the list is not helpful.
I looked for RBass alternative, maybe Waves' masterpiece - and the list shows PA BassMint. Are you kidding? It doesn't come even close to RBass. I know BassMint very well, re-sold it 4 weeks after purchase.

Have to check MBassador, don't expect a lot, though.

Can't believe I ve just bought a plugin from pa. Bx subsynth is a kind of alternative to RBass, different, but ok, not too bad.
Also bought Altiverb, can't wait to check it.
Keyspace might be too heavy on cpu?...

--lol-- Waves new policy obviously will support sales of other devs --lol--

Leo1999 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:26 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:20 am Waves Alternative spreadsheet. Feel free to contribute

I looked for RBass alternative, maybe Waves' masterpiece - and the list shows PA BassMint. Are you kidding? It doesn't come even close to RBass. I know BassMint very well, re-sold it 4 weeks after purchase.

I've gotten a lot feedback that the list has been helpful. Are you related to Bones?

plexuss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:26 am
Leo1999 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:26 am

I've gotten a lot feedback that the list has been helpful. Are you related to Bones?
Rbass alternative surely isn't bx_subsynth - Rbass produces harmonics, while subsynth subharmonics, basically opposite of rbass usability

Why stop using them? Just stop paying for them. I have never paid for an update, not that they update them much anyway

Only use software that utilizes serial or keyfile copy protection that can be activated offline, without the need for someone else's computer.
eh?

YnJ wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 am Why stop using them? Just stop paying for them. I have never paid for an update, not that they update them much anyway
Because soon or later, a new os or daw version may let your plugin in an unworking state. So it's better to check something else.
Dunbar wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 am Only use software that utilizes serial or keyfile copy protection that can be activated offline, without the need for someone else's computer.
That's the only answer to this headhake, cause every other companies could do the same, leaving you without any proper installer or way to authorize your plugin.

If you are looking for analog emulations alternatives, i made some videos where i compare them. I hope it can be useful for someone

Frankie.T wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:58 am
YnJ wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:24 am Why stop using them? Just stop paying for them. I have never paid for an update, not that they update them much anyway
Because soon or later, a new os or daw version may let your plugin in an unworking state. So it's better to check something else.
No, I disagree that its useful to spend time looking for a substitute for a working tool in case that tool stops working in future.

Its far more productive to replace tools only when they no longer work.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:04 am
Frankie.T wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:58 am
No, I disagree that its useful to spend time looking for a substitute for a working tool in case that tool stops working in future.

Its far more productive to replace tools only when they no longer work.
What if you need to load a month old project with a plugin you cannot load anymore?
If this is not an issue for you, what you say it makes sense, otherwise you may face some bad monents not being able to properly load a project

Frankie.T wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:57 am What if you need to load a month old project with a plugin you cannot load anymore?
Well, that's going to be the same as when you need to load any project with a plugin you cannot load any more, right? ie something you can never absolutely solve.

And how does spending your time checking for something else actually solve the problem of needing to load an old project with a plugin you cannot load anymore? If you can substitute something else in that project it doesnt really matter to the appropriateness of that whether you sorted something out in advance or not.

An unsupported/legacy version will broke for sure it's just matter of time, while an alternative (if you pick the right one ofc) it's supported, so you shoudn't face this issue at all.

Anyway if you prefer that way, it's distant to me to let you change your mind, i mean, everyone have it's own preferences and workflow, and that's prefectly fine

Frankie.T wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:28 am An unsupported/legacy version will broke for sure it's just matter of time, while an alternative (if you pick the right one ofc) it's supported, so you shoudn't face this issue at all.
Unless you substitute the alternative in all your old projects, you havent actually solved the problem you specifically identified.
And an alternative will also break for sure, it too is just a matter of time. So by your logic, you'll need to spend time in advance sorting out an alternative for your alternative. And so on.
Anyway if you prefer that way, it's distant to me to let you change your mind, i mean, everyone have it's own preferences and workflow, and that's prefectly fine
I dont fix stuff until it actually breaks, that's true.

Return to “Effects”