Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

paolostylo wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:06 am Al big Waves influencers, big Studios and so called "premium supporters" etc. will get the ultimate subscription from Waves for free, you can bet on it...
I know, but the viewers won't be interested in it anymore.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

I've heard that Waves plans to raise the subscription prices for current subscribers in 2024. If you subscribe now, be prepared to pay more next year.
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

The massive massive upside of this is NO MORE WAVES SALES EMAILS!!!

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Rational wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:40 am I've just been poking around to the reaction over at Twitter and youtube and it's already CRAZY how mad everyone is about this, just like me. It may already be too late. Likely is. Perhaps their 'genius' plan to throw this out there and reverse it if it ever was their plan has backfired already. If it wasn't their plan they are seriously the stupidest management team ever. Hard to believe they're that stupid though. I still have to believe they didn't think the reaction would be this bad this quickly.
If nothing else, the move generates attention, signaling they still exist.

I have the impression that pissing off customers is part of their philosophy. I just got some old licenses registered. I had to contact their support. They did register them for me, with only 3 months of WUP.

#Wavesgoodbye online petition:

"Waves Audio plugins have switched to subscription only for their products - without any fair warning to existing customers. ...

This petition is to protest that move at a single location."

https://chng.it/Zz4fZzJH97

I don't see that it'll do much good - while they do have newer products, a large percentage of their plugins haven't been updated in years for even relatively simple enhancements. This is clearly a financial management turn, and I would suggest people take note and act accordingly.

Nah, just let em ride off into the sunset.

I almost got the Musicians 2 bundle last week on sale at $10, glad I didn't, it was cheaper than using WUP on my existing bundle. No way back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCv_ySDDSNI
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Love to start a pool:

Who’s going to buy WAVES, the company? Maybe Magix? Native Instruments? How about Roland; or maybe even Apple?

I don’t think that there’s any coming back from this. And even if they reverse course today: this self-destructive move will cost them millions.

Have you guys seen what's is happening in Israel right after the change?

“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

He he :)
I can confirm that!

What a day to be working at Waves HQ. Having to deal with a national crisis and then witnessing the fallout from switching to subs .
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

escalona wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:47 pm Have you guys seen what's is happening in Israel right after the change?
Roger Waters is currently adding new slides to his live shows.

v1o wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:45 pm What a day to be working at Waves HQ. Having to deal with a national crisis and then witnessing the fallout from switching to subs .
Actually, the main protest is taking place ditectly at the base of the building where Waves HQ is located.

GaryG wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:50 pm
escalona wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:47 pm Have you guys seen what's is happening in Israel right after the change?
Roger Waters is currently adding new slides to his live shows.
“WUP… and down… and after all there’s only… subscriptions”

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I don't know. It realy looks like an idiot move...let's see what the future brings.
in the meantime, goddbye waves...

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”