float and sting:- new W^sp VSTi

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:44 am IF this vsti is released with original code from Richard without his permission , then it's violating copyright law
Yeah, 'if'.

Of course that would almost certainly require a decompiler, and extensive work porting to another programming system, as you should well know.

And of course if its not released 'with original code from Richard without his permission', as is more likely the case, it isnt violating copyright law in the slightest.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah, I think nix808 is good here. The only possible copyright claims would be the name, and the “look and feel.”

The name may still be too close. Personally, I’d change it to something clever.

The graphics nix808 is using are not owned by Image-Line or Synapse. And no claim was made against Grymmjack at the time that he released the graphics, despite the copyright holder’s knowledge of its existence. So I think it would be hard to make a case against use of the graphics now. And probably not worth anyone’s while.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Ya mybe change the name to something else. Like W^spy or W^p duno. He made the code from scratch i think. Its not stolen from Wasp. So he should be fine i think.

Yeah, but Tek is Rich’s friend.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Is this a Muhammad Ali reference?

yah

-the W^sp can float or sting non-exclusively
... it bee no butterfly effect

revvy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:31 pm Yeah, but Tek is Rich’s friend.
Mybe some one who knows the real rules could tell whats wrong or not? :)

Im not 100% into that things :P But mybe a real pro knows whats wrong or right ;)

new beta version up at the original download in post 1

-voice system corrected, to do with summing voices in poly
-filter selector now
-osc volume knobs
-velocity switches
-minor cpu improvement
-gain staging more contiguous
-preset name bug fixed
-mix pan law de-bugged
-porta on osc 3

:clap: :tu:
Orion, Bitwig, Tracktion, Mixbus :party: :tu: :clap:
Win 10, intel i7, ram 20 steinberg UR22mkII :wink:

yobare wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:06 pm Ya mybe change the name to something else. Like W^spy or W^p duno. He made the code from scratch i think. Its not stolen from Wasp. So he should be fine i think.
If EDP didn't sue Rich, I doubt they'll sue OP.

Steal a code? For a basic synth like this? Maybe permission for GUI elements.

NikkiA wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:33 pm
yobare wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:06 pm Ya mybe change the name to something else. Like W^spy or W^p duno. He made the code from scratch i think. Its not stolen from Wasp. So he should be fine i think.
If EDP didn't sue Rich, I doubt they'll sue OP.
ah ok bro. im not totaly understand all in here :P im just friend to nix. Just curious if the synth got potential :)

Call it Wisp. Not W^sp. I think Windows 11 hates special characters.

Years ago one of my teenage friends told me when he was a kid he used to call wasps 'Yorsps'.
So you have my permission to call it Yorsp if you want.

Some people call wasps bastards, so feel free to use that as well.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”