DSP563xx Emulator (Access Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf MW...)

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I joined the discord but am an idiot when it comes to using discord. If you donate do you get access to the MicroQ? If so does anyone know where the donate link is and what the instructions are for downloading the version that runs MicroQ? I'm kind of lost on the discord server so trying to figure out what I need to do exactly to donate, etc. Thanks

Under “Announcements & FAQ’s”, there is a # Donate. After you donate, PM a screenshot to Ayahuasca. You can find him pretty easily, he posts every day.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:42 pm Under “Announcements & FAQ’s”, there is a # Donate. After you donate, PM a screenshot to Ayahuasca. You can find him pretty easily, he posts every day.
Awesome thanks

As the team did for the microQ synthesizer emulation, I find the replica of the original UI very nice and vintage-looking.

Maybe this approach (not making a 100% new GUI as they did for Osirus, but just keeping the original interface, buttons, LCDs, ...) would also speed up the whole development / emulation of subsequent devices.

My suggestion for the Devs : making a custom GUI for every product seems very time consuming and will be the cause of 99% of the bug-fixing time. The vintage panel looks very nice to me, maybe a simple replica is more than enough.

Anyway, keep up the amazingly good work.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I have the MicroQ system update as midi file from Waldorf's official website. Can I somehow shoehorn this into the emulation?

Yes. Use Version 2.3. Create a Vavra folder in your plugin folder and drop the MIDI file, the Vavra plugins, and the MicroQ preset bank MIDI files into there.

Creators of Vavra and Osirus could contact Akai and offer them porting Virus and MicroQ to Arm and Akai MPC platform.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:29 am Creators of Vavra and Osirus could contact Akai and offer them porting Virus and MicroQ to Arm and Akai MPC platform.
not really
Vintage Drum Machine Kits for the Roland TR8-S & MC-707 https://rhythmelectronics.bandcamp.com

Any plans to emulate Nord 2?

From what I've read they'd emulate Nord3 rather than 2.

I just installed the latest version and Osirus is really a game changer. The CPU is pleasantly low, even with Unison. I am thrilled, one of the best and most innovative projects in many years.
Nord 3 would certainly be very interesting. does it also have only one DSP? I suppose the problem could still be emulating hardware with multiple DSPs?

They’ve been quiet, even on the donators-only section of the Discord. Last hint we got was Microwave XT. I doubt we’ll see it this year, though.

Aah, okay. Well, I'm curious to see what else is coming next 😎

Probably an actual ARM and refresh, maybe TI3. Kemper wrote (on Discord) that he was running the TI emu on an ARM device. I wish they would don the Supernova.

osiris wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:52 pm Probably an actual ARM and refresh, maybe TI3. Kemper wrote (on Discord) that he was running the TI emu on an ARM device. I wish they would don the Supernova.
Kemper got involved in this too now? :clap: :clap:

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”