Airwindows on Mac: create a folder within plugin folder ? or renaming them, how ? things did not work when i tryed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
i´d like to use more airwindows plugins, but:
its a flood of plugins. I am allready flooded in my plugin folders. ;)
i´d like to have them sit there, grouped.

@jinxtigr ( Hello Chris)
I´m on Mac, Ventura,
i tryed to create a "Airwindows" Folder within my "component" folder.
it was not working, Gigperformer ( my host of choice) was not seeing the plugins.
IIRC, i also tryed to rename them, like adding a "AW_" in front of the regular name.
No worky either. ( i think it should have worked, doesn´t it )

Can some folks or Chris give me a hand please, vs. how to do so:
a) create a folder for "Airwindows"
b) just rename the plugins
What might i have overlooked ? whats the rules ?

( btw. @Chris, in the meantime your Airwindow plugins do NoLonger ask for permission when loading a project on my mac/ No Clue what changed it. since i switched over to a new M2mac / suddenly things worked fine when trying again / so, fresh start.....;) )

On a Mac you cannot place audio units in subdirectories of Components ... but you can VST and VST3, so to do what you are asking you would have to install the VST versions of the Airwindows plugins and then you can create a Airwindows folder inside your VST folder and put them all there.

Or alternately you could put all the Airwindows audio unit plugins in /Users/{your_username}/Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components

They will be segregated there from your systemwide components. If it is a a single-user machine, there would be no downside in doing this.

There is a loophole for this. You can load many of them through the Voltage Modular effects rack, which has a free version, and also gives you a modular routing environment for them which is kind of handy. R_Ware ported a bunch of them over https://store.cherryaudio.com/bundles/r ... ws#bundles

kidslow wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:30 am Or alternately you could put all the Airwindows audio unit plugins in /Users/{your_username}/Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/Components
i might look into this.
i thought i had tested it with "VST", will look again. Good to know it should do.
Ok, No AU subfolders. Get it !
trackbout wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:46 am You can load many of them through the Voltage Modular effects rack
i have VCV Rack, i thought its there too.
but thought i have to compile something myself ?

not shure if i want to load another modular plugin.
but maybe i mixxpuzzle here something, VCV2 vs. Voltage modular ?

VST "must" be the solution then !
...a modularrack, optional -for other tasks- would be great too, though

Thanks @both !

Return to “Effects”