Arturia V Collection 10. Predictions.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

Scotty wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:14 am Increasingly I’m finding innovation on the iOS platform. If you are looking for inspiration, pick up an iPad 6 or above and explore what’s in the App Store. Most of it is reasonably priced and often lower priced than desktop computer plugins.

//

Agree! I wish pigments could be ported to iPad, tho!

I predict subscription only for V10.

Please no. To me that's a sure sign that the developer is no longer working in the customer's interests. ...or that they've lost any sense of community.

Once Arturia sees how much "love" Waves is getting with their dumb move I think it might make them think twice about sub only. Plus I don't think Arturia are as delusional as Waves is in thinking their plugins are "irreplaceable".

arghlebargles.

Arturia, Ableton, and Image-Line seem like companies who, if they ever offered subscription models, they'd only offer them as an alternative.

Native Instruments, iZotope or Slate Digital with the financial demands of their hedge funds owners seem likely candidates to go subscription only or at least enforce their existing models further.

As for V Collection 10, I wonder if they ever start combining their instruments line with their effects, kind of like a Analog Super Lab.

So we have Augmented Brass & Grand Piano and Minifreak V.
Can we expect another new instrument or just some updates to old ones?

I don’t think minifreak will be in 10, it’s more like pigments….
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:43 pm So we have Augmented Brass & Grand Piano and Minifreak V.
Can we expect another new instrument or just some updates to old ones?
I wish they updated their code and the plugins would load faster be more resource efficient. Oh, and new instruments, always new instruments. Maybe some more Korg stuff, like the MS-20?
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:46 pm I don’t think minifreak will be in 10, it’s more like pigments….
Except that it is an emulation of actual hardware like the rest of the V collection (although not Vintage.) Pigment is not.

SHall1000 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:34 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:46 pm I don’t think minifreak will be in 10, it’s more like pigments….
Except that it is an emulation of actual hardware like the rest of the V collection (although not Vintage.) Pigment is not.
The augmented stuff doesn't really fit either. I wonder, now that they have a few releases and (I think) some success with them, if they will spin them off into their own bundle. Regardless, I highly doubt they will include Pigments. If they were going to do that they would have done it already.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

The Augmented stuff seems to have a bit of Pigments under the hood. They probably belong together in a bundle, separate from the V emulations.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

They could keep mining more obscure stuff to recreate. The more desirable stuff might be trickier though.. like for instance, a DW8000 has samples right? A D50 would be interesting if they redesigned the interface. (but again, samples)

zzz00m wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:27 pm The Augmented stuff seems to have a bit of Pigments under the hood. They probably belong together in a bundle, separate from the V emulations.
They are selling the first three Augments and the sound banks in a bundle for €99 at the moment.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:39 am
zzz00m wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:27 pm The Augmented stuff seems to have a bit of Pigments under the hood. They probably belong together in a bundle, separate from the V emulations.
They are selling the first three Augments and the sound banks in a bundle for €99 at the moment.
Yeh, cheap as well (as an upgrade) but ultimately may not be necessary if you are going to get it in V10 anyway.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”