Separating recording tracks.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Morning... complete newbie here.
I have the free version that came with my recording hardware.
I'm very pleased with it in general but can't figure out how to record tracks separately???
Every time I record a track the previous track/tracks are re recorded on top of what I doing.
If I record a drum track, then go to record guitar on track 2, track 1 has drums, track has drums and guitar. Etc etc.
Please help.

Gonna need more than that. Your question is a bit like going to the doctor and saying: "it hurts, what's the diagnosis?" and you might wonder why the doctor looks at you blankly...

Sorry buddy .... New to this.
Track 1. I record a drum loop from my phone.
Track 2. I record live guitar through my amp.
Both via my input device.
The drum Track overlaps into the guitar recording.
I want to hear Track one, so I can play in time with the drums but don't want the drums to record on Track 2 with my guitar.
Hope this makes more sense.
I'm using the "Big Knob" input device.

Often when a first post misses all context, they came here thinking this is THE support forum for their DAW of choice. But there are so many... So I think what kritikon was really asking: what DAW do you use?

My guess is your DAW is WaveForm and you were supposed to go here:
Tracktion

From a page that's hard to find via the menus:
KvrAudio wrote:KVR Audio is a global online community focused entirely on music and audio software technologies. KVR's mission is to stimulate and cultivate the music and audio software community with a rich variety of content and services.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”