Waves new - BB Tubes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:54 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:20 pm Is this subscription only now?
Yes, unfortunately, it is.
Rats- I missed it for $30 so I guess I will now never have it! I also noticed I can no longer buy an upgrade plan for the dozen or so Waves plugs I owned. I guess I just wont bother looking at any Waves stuff again!
I get it. The situation now is: you happily own the perpetual plugins or you subscribe or you forget about Waves.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:52 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:54 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:47 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:20 pm Is this subscription only now?
Yes, unfortunately, it is.
Rats- I missed it for $30 so I guess I will now never have it! I also noticed I can no longer buy an upgrade plan for the dozen or so Waves plugs I owned. I guess I just wont bother looking at any Waves stuff again!
I get it. The situation now is: you happily own the perpetual plugins or you subscribe or you forget about Waves.
I can't exactly tell how happy I am with my perpetual licences, considering those plugins just became abandonware :hihi:

Meaning I don't feel so confident putting them in my projects from now on, if in a matter of few years they stop working, or maybe I upgrade to 4K screens and only 2 out of my 53 licenses allow GUI scaling...

And having them spread out over 4 different mega installers (V10-V11-V12-V13) it's the cherry on top :hihi:

Zero warning, just to make sure that in no way people could update their licences to V14 before discontinuing WUP... simply beautiful :harp:
Last edited by Niowiad on Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 4K-screen thing might be an issue, however I wouldn't worry too much about them not working anymore - at least not if you're on Windows (and have no plans to switch to ARM at some point)...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:25 pm The 4K-screen thing might be an issue, however I wouldn't worry too much about them not working anymore - at least not if you're on Windows (and have no plans to switch to ARM at some point)...
Yep, lack of GUI scaling is my biggest concern at the moment.
I always thought I could upgrade when needed :borg:
Last edited by Niowiad on Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can get The Oven or Sa2rate at the Plugin Alliance sale for 29.99, or Big Al for 19.99, with the $20 coupon. Check them out.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

The thing we hated the most (WUP) is what we want the most now.

Well, yesterday at some point I was actually wondering if it could all be some diabolical plan make people finally love WUP and ask it back 🤣

Niowiad wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:04 pm Well, yesterday at some point I was actually wondering if it could all be some diabolical plan make people finally love WUP and ask it back 🤣
Haha, waiting for 1st April for some news. :)

Return to “Effects”