Waves Launches Creative Access - Poll

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion

Opinions on Waves Creative Access & StudioVerse: Exploring Different Perspectives

Poll ended at Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:47 pm

Existing Waves customer, interested in the new subscription plan
1%
Existing Waves customer, not interested in the new subscription plan
82%
Non-Waves user, interested in the new subscription plan
1%
Non-Waves user, not interested in the new subscription plan
15%
Other thoughts or suggestions for Waves (please comment below)
1%

Total votes: 302

RELATED
PRODUCTS

waves-creativeaccess.png
Waves recently launched Creative Access https://www.waves.com/subscriptions, a new subscription plan, along with StudioVerse, which offers innovative features such as applying whole chains of Waves effects. The reaction has been mixed, and I'm interested in seeing how various user groups react to this. Please participate in this poll and share your thoughts on these new offerings. I appreciate your input and look forward to understanding the perspectives of audio/music/sound designers and producers on Waves' latest offerings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by serge on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

The StudioVerse thing lowers the entry hurdle for young bedroom beat makers substantially. I expect there's a big market. We'll see. I don't know...

I'm disappointed that the title of the thread has no relation to the actual content.

I was going to think more fondly of Waves if they were going to start doing lunches for creatives.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm I'm disappointed that the title of the thread has no relation to the actual content.

I was going to think more fondly of Waves if they were going to start doing lunches for creatives.
TY for the feedback! fixed the title!

serge wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:57 pm
ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm I'm disappointed that the title of the thread has no relation to the actual content.

TY for the feedback! fixed the title!
Now I'm hungry :(

I came here for lunch. All I got was a stupid poll. :?

I'm glad I came out of the whole waves thing when I first heard about the WUP thing. I only bought the thing that shifts stereo image because something had gone wrong on some commercial tracks I was working on. Then I had a few freebies but I kept forgetting to use them.

I can understand why alot of people are upset about this, I certainly would have been if I'd had more plugins from them.

I only had Abbey Road Chambers and Plates, but they haven't worked on my M1 mini. 58€ gone. Pffft. Into thin air. Not. Another. Pfennig. Thankfully, a small amount.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't care much as long as the plugins I have installed and activated now keep working. Never bought WUP either and will not buy into the subscription. Just a matter of time though until all others follow with subscriptions.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:50 pm The StudioVerse thing lowers the entry hurdle for young bedroom beat makers substantially. I expect there's a big market. We'll see. I don't know...
Do young beatmakers know or care about Waves' plugins? I also honestly don't know the answer to that question, but I don't think I've seen many Waves products being hyped in youtube vids in the past few years (granted, I mostly watch hardware synth-related vids these days). I could be way off, but the plugins offered in the $15/month plan don't strike me as being new and hip enough to attract many newer/younger users, and I'm not even sure that the $25/month plan will appeal to bedroom producers, given the huge range of other options on the market today, not to mention the high quality of DAW-bundled plugins.

Maybe Waves is just banking on pro studios paying their $25/month to stay current with their core plugins that they've used for the past 20 years, but looking at other forums, I think many of them are ready to cut their losses.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

ChamomileShark wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:56 pm I was going to think more fondly of Waves if they were going to start doing lunches for creatives.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. Waves Lunches with creative access sounds ok. Depending on what's for lunch.

I think the real interesting aspect will be to see how many live Sound Engineers - who's sound is reliant on their SoundGrid processing - will explore alternatives or be forced into subscribing as a way of maintaining stability.

For me, Im peeved that I've invested in a company that's effectively cut me off now, but them's the breaks. Thankfully I'm not in any way dependent on their products so happy to look elsewhere.

I've done what was suggested in one of the many threads on this subject for what it's worth- uninstalled all my waves plugins & Waves Central, unsubscribed from everything on their website.
The spam is coming thick & fast to sell me their Big New Idea, even on Waves Central, so I'm done.
At least it's made some space on my SSD
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I also wonder how this will affect resellers who relied on Waves for a lot of business
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

cryophonik wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:49 pm Do young beatmakers know or care about Waves' plugins? I also honestly don't know the answer to that question,…
I’d say they do from what I’ve seen. I was briefly/mistakenly in a ‘Beatmaker’ Discord and a good number of them were using random Waves plugins.

The kick in the [insert genitalia of your choice] is that they seemed to be heavy consumers of the random freebie plugins that would pop up online from Waves or other sites (i.e. get X Waves plugin for free with purchase), or would buy one-off plugins as needed.

Both of these to my understanding are a thing of the past.

Also OT but I love how the results currently look like a middle finger with 90% voting “Existing customer, not interested in the subscription” lol.
Last edited by i need Help on Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”