Your Favorite Sampler/Synth For One Shots

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is your favorite plugin for turning a one shot into a playable instrument?

Klevgrand Tomofon?

Sound Dust Ghost Drop?

Skybox Audio Drop Designer?

What do you like?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:48 pm I use Kontakt with this: https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... ampler-one
This looks great! I was thinking of snagging TAL-Sampler, but I`m intrigued by the simplicity and seeming immediacy of SamplerOne. You happy with it? Any regrets buying it?

Hewitt Huntwork wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:58 pm What is your favorite plugin for turning a one shot into a playable instrument?

Klevgrand Tomofon?

Sound Dust Ghost Drop?

Skybox Audio Drop Designer?

What do you like?
Ableton Simpler (+ Drum Racks) all the way.

Thanks for the responses! I will check them out. Any others?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

I use TAL sampler for almost all sample based tasks. Nice GUI with different themes, easy to configure and a comfortable browser where I can quickly jump through favorited folders. You can preview+load samples by only using the typing keyboard. It's easy to layer sounds and edit the samples. The effects are kept simple but give good results and with the implemented DAC section its possible to give your patches some unique texture.

For me the only sampler I need. I bought Iris 2 for 5€ and only kept the sample library so I can use it in TAL. It's fun!

ancient7 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:32 am I use TAL sampler for almost all sample based tasks. Nice GUI with different themes, easy to configure and a comfortable browser where I can quickly jump through favorited folders. You can preview+load samples by only using the typing keyboard. It's easy to layer sounds and edit the samples. The effects are kept simple but give good results and with the implemented DAC section its possible to give your patches some unique texture.

For me the only sampler I need. I bought Iris 2 for 5€ and only kept the sample library so I can use it in TAL. It's fun!
Is TAL-Sampler good for turning a one-shot into a playable instrument?

panspOrmia wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:48 am
Danilo Villanova wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:48 pm I use Kontakt with this: https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... ampler-one
This looks great! I was thinking of snagging TAL-Sampler, but I`m intrigued by the simplicity and seeming immediacy of SamplerOne. You happy with it? Any regrets buying it?
If you got Kontakt, it's great! I made a toolbar button in Reaper to automatically insert a track with Sampler One loaded, and plugin gui floating. Simple drag and drop, and Kontakt's stretch algos, fx's, filters, etc. are all excellent, first in class. TM Pro mode does use a fair bit more cpu, but totally manageable. It's the interface that Kontakt should come with by default.

Arturia Pigments is actually a great sampler for non realistic stuff.

Maschine

If you have Kontakt, you should really take a look at Synthetic Materials. It is limited in its sample editing, but it has a better synth engine and a unique step/arpeggiator, and you can usually pick it up for about the same price as Sampler One.
I have Sampler One also, it's quick to work with and is kind of quirky but fun like all the Soundtrax stuff.

https://www.lootaudio.com/category/kont ... -materials

panspOrmia wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:34 am
ancient7 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:32 am I use TAL sampler for almost all sample based tasks. Nice GUI with different themes, easy to configure and a comfortable browser where I can quickly jump through favorited folders. You can preview+load samples by only using the typing keyboard. It's easy to layer sounds and edit the samples. The effects are kept simple but give good results and with the implemented DAC section its possible to give your patches some unique texture.

Is TAL-Sampler good for turning a one-shot into a playable instrument?
Yea, you can add a one shot sample and play it in different semitones. You could also decide one sample to play in a range of one octave, next octave for another sample, etc. If you are interested, watch the TAL Sampler review by HigherHz on Youtube. That video sold it for me and you can see a demo track made by using TAL sampler only. :)

I have a ton of Trackers that all have great internal samplers that do great as far as turning a one-shot into a playable instrument...

For VSTs I use TobyBear's Helios for experimental creativity, also Expert Sleeper's Crossfade Loop Synth is great for getting the most out of a one-shot WAV or AiFF. Loomer Cumulus is great for turning a one-shot into spectacular pad or drone...

Many others out there....

eLawnMust wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:14 am I have a ton of Trackers that all have great internal samplers that do great as far as turning a one-shot into a playable instrument...

For VSTs I use TobyBear's Helios for experimental creativity, also Expert Sleeper's Crossfade Loop Synth is great for getting the most out of a one-shot WAV or AiFF. Loomer Cumulus is great for turning a one-shot into spectacular pad or drone...

Many others out there....
Good pointers here. Thx m8!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”