waveTracing SP950 effect plugin: SP1200 & S950 combination

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SP950

e@rs wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:29 pm A demo version would be cool...
Following version 1.3.0 update you can now download a demo version here: https://wavetracing.com/products/sp950

Demo version has the following limitations:
  • A silence is inserted every 45 seconds
  • Plugin state cannot be saved or restored in the DAW
  • Plugin presets cannot be exported or imported using the clipboard

Is the SP950 sampler getting close to release?
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

SP950 has been updated to version 1.4.0
https://wavetracing.com/products/sp950

Existing users should have received a notification email.
Please check your spam folder or contact me if you cannot find that email.

Code: Select all

v1.4.0 2023-03-26
-----------------
  New features:
    - a default startup configuration can now be set and recalled in the
      configuration menu
    - Windows only: ctrl+wheel now controls faders and knobs based on the
      smallest possible increment (eg 0.1 for tune in fine mode)
  Adjustments:
    - removed remaining noises that were still audible when manipulating the
      filter knob in some situations
  Bug Corrections:
    - fixed potential stereo latency shift when manipulating the fader,
      introduced in version 1.3.0
    - MacOS sporadic repetitive validation of the AU plugin introduced in
      version 1.3.0 should now be solved
    - MacOS sporadic registration failure should now be solved

These types of effects can be implemented in max or reaktor by implementing different types of resampling interpolation along with the proper filter responses. I'm a big fan of digital artifacts but Ive never found any specific bit of gear to have any particular mojo (outside of ADC amp circuitry) that couldn't be emulated easily with some pretty simple up/ down sampling, bit truncation, and filtering. I like this type of fiddling about, but these types of plugins that attempt to get from A to B in one step are definitely cool too.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:53 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:16 am
Teksonik wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:11 am "Gritty sound with mandatory aliasing artifacts." Why just why....... :?
Because there are lots of people that like that gritty sound with aliasing artifacts. That's why. :wink:
Yes that's painfully obvious but the question is why do they like such a horrid sound ?

The desire to relive the limitations of the past baffles me....... :shrug:
You clearly not know what u talk about at all. Sp1200 basically created whole genre of music and is iconic just as much tb303 is for acid or whatever.
What is "horrid" sound to your lame ears are sweet crunch for other.

Here is track that qintessential for Sp1200 sound

You can dislike all u want that fine but u way out of u legaue.
https://youtu.be/fXJc2NYwHjw

As far as 950 it is iconic for nearly every single electronic genre in the 90s from hip hop to drum and bass.

Masterofdisaster wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am You clearly not know what u talk about at all. Sp1200 basically created whole genre of music and is iconic just as much tb303 is for acid or whatever.

Why "u" feel the need to dig up a two year old post just to prove how ignorant u are?

I lived through that era but then I grew up and moved on to the tools we have today.. :wink:

U obviously care more about the past than the present and future. That's fine, U do U.....bruh :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:56 am These types of effects can be implemented in max or reaktor by implementing different types of resampling interpolation along with the proper filter responses. I'm a big fan of digital artifacts but Ive never found any specific bit of gear to have any particular mojo (outside of ADC amp circuitry) that couldn't be emulated easily with some pretty simple up/ down sampling, bit truncation, and filtering. I like this type of fiddling about, but these types of plugins that attempt to get from A to B in one step are definitely cool too.
Why don't you post an A/B comparison to prove your point.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

My point that I enjoy playing with degradation of digital audio? Or my point that these types of plugins are neat? Or my point that I don't particularly care for a specific unit's sound over a more generalized approach?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Teksonik wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:45 pm
Masterofdisaster wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am You clearly not know what u talk about at all. Sp1200 basically created whole genre of music and is iconic just as much tb303 is for acid or whatever.

Why "u" feel the need to dig up a two year old post just to prove how ignorant u are?

I lived through that era but then I grew up and moved on to the tools we have today.. :wink:

U obviously care more about the past than the present and future. That's fine, U do U.....bruh :lol:
I didn't dig up anything look at the dates on the posts before mine.... Oh I'm ignorant, how?
No I don't care about past. But since you don't know about sp1200 I think I should tell you. But grats on looking like an asshole

Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm I didn't dig up anything look at the dates on the posts before mine.... Oh I'm ignorant, how?
You're ignorant because you don't know the difference between a post and a thread. Like I said you dug up a two year (almost 3 year) old post. Notice the date.....

kvr 033023.png

Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pmNo I don't care about past. But since you don't know about sp1200 I think I should tell you.
We used to sell SP1200's in the music store I worked in back in the 80's so there's nothing you can tell me about them.

I wasn't impressed back then and I'm sure not impressed with the sound in 2023.
Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm But grats on looking like an asshole
Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pmWhat is "horrid" sound to your lame ears
I'll give you a little advice newbie. You've only been a member here for a month and a half. If you want to stay here any longer you'll chill the f**k out. Capice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never had an SP 1200, never missed it either :D

I was more into the 8-12bit Commodore Amiga Crunch..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olHntLX ... el=FastRam

Teksonik wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:32 am
Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm I didn't dig up anything look at the dates on the posts before mine.... Oh I'm ignorant, how?
You're ignorant because you don't know the difference between a post and a thread. Like I said you dug up a two year (almost 3 year) old post. Notice the date.....

kvr 033023.png

Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pmNo I don't care about past. But since you don't know about sp1200 I think I should tell you.
We used to sell SP1200's in the music store I worked in back in the 80's so there's nothing you can tell me about them.

I wasn't impressed back then and I'm sure not impressed with the sound in 2023.
Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pm But grats on looking like an asshole
Masterofdisaster wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:02 pmWhat is "horrid" sound to your lame ears
I'll give you a little advice newbie. You've only been a member here for a month and a half. If you want to stay here any longer you'll chill the f**k out. Capice?
I honestly didn't dig up anything, I saw the thread in the New Posts feed, read it and replied to you. What does it matter if your post is 3 year old it can still merit reply. So I don't know why you harping on that angle. I didn't specifically look for old posts to reply to it was organic.
Also you being very rude to me and when I reply back in kind you double down and make more insults... You said you were confused as to why anyone like this "horrid" sound meanwhile I told you a whole genre of music and probably a billion people love this sound, from late 80s til now. Maybe you just wrong. I didn't know you sold them in shops how can I.
Before you start lecture other on how to behave look yourself first.

Have a good day.

Masterofdisaster wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:52 am Also you being very rude to me and when I reply back in kind you double down and make more insults...
Let's go over it step by step. Why do I focus on the age of my post? Because I don't want to have every old post I've ever made here in the last 22 years dug up again. Discussions die for a reason. I don't want to have to take up old arguments with every new member that joins KVR. I know you're new here but pay attention to post dates and don't dredge up old posts.

Here's your first response to a post I made almost 3 years ago.
Masterofdisaster wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:50 am You clearly not know what u talk about at all....your lame ears....u way out of u legaue.
So you started the rudeness, and you got a dose of it back. If you can't handle that then be civilised in yours posts or you'll get the same bad attitude in return. Not just from me but from many long time members. If you're going to react that way to every post you disagree with that's been made in the last two decades then your time here is going to be very unpleasant indeed, not only for yourself but for other members as well.

Got it now?

Awesome discussion guys
This is Samuel S. I make music for fun even if it isn't music.

So anyway, I was making terrible music in the 90s, so what? Since I'm into retro stuff recently, like EVERYONE ELSE, can anyone perhaps show an A/B test on why exactly the SP1200 sounds so good? I heard Burgeringer is making a clone toy of it sometime in the next century.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Effects”