Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No signature here!

:tu:

The question is if only Waves will sell perpetual licenses from now on?
Or will all those shops that used to sell their stuff start selling again too?
Last edited by Yadrichik_Chaya on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

They're stalling until they find a more palatable marketing strategy.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

That was coming...
I believe there won't be too many companies trying their luck in the future.... Cubase?..... joking..hoho...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

It was all a dream, nothing to see here.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

Haha... that was quick

A lot of damage is surely already done. I am mainly thinking of those who jumped on the subscription against their will. I saw one Youtuber that signed up for the subscription, just to discover that all his perpetual plugs didn't work. He got so upset that cancelled the subscription in the video and said he is finished with Waves.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

From the communication perspective, they have shown their face to us all within the last week. Do I want companies in my life talking to me like that? No. Not for the next 150 years.

But that's just me.

robotmonkey wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:40 pm :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
https://www.waves.com/news/perpetual-wa ... s-are-back

Is it 1st of April already?
They should make an audio reversing plugin and call it BackTrack, to commemorate this momentous occasion :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

Great news, well done Waves 👍🏻

Subs or purchases (rent to own too) are good options to have side by side.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

But wait... I thought the subscription only was "what our customers want"?
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

tshear23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm But wait... I thought the subscription only was "what our customers want"?
It does rather make you question if they (and other companies making similar unpopular consumer decisions) actually did any proper market research? :scared:

If they did, perhaps use a different agency next time eh lads?

revvy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:01 pm Subs or purchases (rent to own too) are good options to have side by side.
The fact that they didn't already know that was just astounding. I'd say they were being greedy but I think it would've cost them huge sums of money and the backlash and backtracking seems to support that.

Consider Waves has a billion plugins, a Waves sub for $25 would be incredibly attractive for a lot of people. But not as the only option. And not after locking out existing customers from future updates.

Anyway, I hope they realize they'll need to offer both options going forward and this isn't temporary.

Someone's gonna get fired over this whiplash!

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:05 pm
tshear23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm But wait... I thought the subscription only was "what our customers want"?
It does rather make you question if they (and other companies making similar unpopular consumer decisions) actually did any proper market research? :scared:

If they did, perhaps use a different agency next time eh lads?
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I tend to avoid corporate research surveys because in the end it's all about how more profit can be squeezed.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “Effects”