Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it's too late to apologize :phones:

Anything to read into the fact that it's the CTO and not the CEO fronting up to this?

CEO got fired?
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Now watch the complaints come back about WUP 😂😂
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

People seem to be serious about finding alternatives to Waves Plugins. Interesting to see how this plays out.

Waves Alternative Products • March 2023

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... I/htmlview
Bitwig Certified Trainer

buy now
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Funnily enough I typed this just before the announcement in the other thread - “ There's a chance - only a chance - this will be all good for the industry in the end. It could be the final nail in the coffin for the "everything will migrate to subs only" ideology, which has never made sense”.

Whatever individual decisions lie ahead for customers and Waves, I now think this might very well come true. This is a watershed moment for the industry. The myth that subs-only is the future has been well and truly busted.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 pm CEO got fired?
maybe he's in a meeting room sitting on the floor murmuring "it was a good plan, it was a good plan..."

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:05 pm
tshear23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm But wait... I thought the subscription only was "what our customers want"?
It does rather make you question if they (and other companies making similar unpopular consumer decisions) actually did any proper market research? :scared:

If they did, perhaps use a different agency next time eh lads?
It makes me wonder whether or not it was a calculated intentional stunt designed to induce FOMO as soon as they brought it back. I know, that sounds nuts, but that's the cynic in me.

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:37 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:05 pm
tshear23 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm But wait... I thought the subscription only was "what our customers want"?
It does rather make you question if they (and other companies making similar unpopular consumer decisions) actually did any proper market research? :scared:

If they did, perhaps use a different agency next time eh lads?
It makes me wonder whether or not it was a calculated intentional stunt designed to induce FOMO as soon as they brought it back. I know, that sounds nuts, but that's the cynic in me.
Nah, I don't think so. The reputation damage is too bad from such an action only to create a sales peak...

Writing once more: Interesting to see if only Waves themselves will sell perpetual licenses or if all the shops who used to will also start selling again? We'll see soon! :tu:
Fusion

Too little, too late.

Waves already opened the Pandora’s box of discontent. They unleashed a catharsis over the past few days which has lost them a significant number of customers who will likely never return. I personally replaced all Waves instances I had been using.

If Waves wants to make it right and win some of those customers back, they need to do more than simply go back to the inadequate way it was. They need to give every license holder AT LEAST two simultaneous activations, regardless of WUP status. One activation per license just doesn’t cut it anymore, and there hadn’t been a legitimate justification for it since they went dongle-free.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

How about capping WUP at 100 bucks, while we're at it?
And license transfers without active WUP? And how about that transfer fee? If I want to get rid of Mercury, I have to invest 240 bucks for WUP and what, 350 bucks for the transfer?

And do perpetual licenses of Mercury receive new plugins again as they're released or are there going to be ever more new bundles which are not included in Mercury?

WUP for compatibility and performance only still feels terrible compared to almost every other developer. Transfer fees based on SRP which nobody ever pays just lock you in for financial reasons. How about offering stuff your users actually don't want to live without?
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

What about all the Youtubers reaching out to Waves and having an open and honest dialogue about what the customers REALLY want? Like the post above mine. Maybe they are willing to change other things too? 8)
Fusion

Return to “Effects”