How to make acid sound from "emmanuel top - turkish bazar" ?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, i need to make exactly same acid sound (the bow sound that is repeated every 2 seconds) used here in the track "Emmanuel Top - Turkish Bazar" on Sylenth1 if possible, a short video will be very helpful, i know its not hard for experienced persons.
Thanks in advance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEeAHwrP0-c

I think you're talking about that PEW! It's like tututututuutututPEW!tututututututuPEW! (and so on..).
When you program a 303 bassline you have three things to bear in mind:
1. Accent
2. Slide
3. Octaves

The accent is the emphasis on the volume of the note. TB-303 was like: ACCENT (Top volume)/NO ACCENT (Low volume). If you have the accent, the volume is higher (highest, top volume). When you have no accent on that note, it is the low (lowest, low volume). To do this on a sequencer nowadays (Bitwig, Ableton live... etc) you have to edit the volume (it's called VELOCITY) of the note. Set it to lowest (0) where you don't want to apply accent. Set it to highest (full, 100%) where you DO want that accentuated note.

Slide is when you tie one note to the following one, so the end of that previous note is AFTER the beginning of the following note. This makes the pitch vary (UP) or (DOWN). It depends on where the following note is. The original TB-303 had the options UP and DOWN for the slide. NOTE about slide: don't let notes get stuck one after another, JUST ONLY where you want a slide, because sometimes VST 303 emulators are funny on this aspect and they understand notes lying beside are slides.

Maybe you have a bassline written in octave C-0, so you'll be transposing some notes one or two octaves higher (or three, if the rest of the notes of your line are in a lower octave). This will give a difference on the pitch of the note which will make the melody to move.

SEE PICTURE AT THE END.

Basically this is all you want to know to recreate Turkish Bazar's acidline.

If you want to know more, doing a bit of research I found this, which will blow your doubts away, I hope. Anyway, this video will teach you more than you expect about the way a TB-303 works:

https://youtu.be/O7EimWsQmXo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thanks for ur tips! i love turkish bazar! tomorrow ill squeeze the 303 in that way! :)

My pleasure! :tu:

[already posted]

Return to “Sound Design”