Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:07 pm That story seems to repeat itself over and over again. How on earth is it possible that developers are that disconnected from their customer base?
They’re rich beyond belief, living in a foreign land.

Can anyone explain why I can’t use the PA mega 20 voucher for a 2nd time? I missed the first day, made a successful purchase on the 2nd day reset and get this on the 3rd day reset:

“A voucher code associated with this promotion has already been used. Only one redemption per account is allowed”

What am I missing here? I thought the whole idea is that you can use the code again once it has been reset?

As I Understand the3rd reset is going to happen in 7 hours.

wolflikeme wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:09 pm Can anyone explain why I can’t use the PA mega 20 voucher for a 2nd time? I missed the first day, made a successful purchase on the 2nd day reset and get this on the 3rd day reset:

“A voucher code associated with this promotion has already been used. Only one redemption per account is allowed”

What am I missing here? I thought the whole idea is that you can use the code again once it has been reset?
I don't think the 3rd reset has happened yet. I think that happens end of today.

edit: oops, post above me already got your answer. sorry.

Seems I may have been correct after all. I suspected as much. I still stand by my guess that this was all a ploy. Also that they never thought the backlash would be quite this bad nor quite this swift though. But, many will still buy back in because of GAS addiction and FOMO and they'll actually likely make more than normal for the year as many will WUP to Mercury thinking it's safer to get it now than never because of past project files dependent on those plugins.

But based on their miscalculation pertaining to resentment about it, a much larger percentage will actually finally cut the cord with them permanently. Rightly so.

I look forward to lessons being learned on both sides from this for everyone, especially us GAS addicted perpetual shoppers. It's been a good thing in the end to motivate us to move to other brands who will never go down a similar path. Or just stop buying way too much at all anymore really.

Waves is to be credited with lowering the costs of plugins for us though. I'm happy the market drove down the per price of plugins this past 15 years. This is why I'm all for free markets even with the noise of constant bombardment marketing. It's the cost of lowering prices and a worthwhile one. Their ploy however was swiftly fixed by the market as it should be. And another reason why I believe in the market over any other economic model. It works and this has proven it.

My new price per plugin is $.9.99 to $19.99 or I won't bother. Might not bother with any more actually now that the ai cloning plugins are out. They'll likely take over and get us down to just a minimal set of tools. Less is more.

Good times.

Uncle E wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:30 pm
mgw38 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:07 pm That story seems to repeat itself over and over again. How on earth is it possible that developers are that disconnected from their customer base?
You're rich beyond belief, living in a foreign land too to many.

VitaminD wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:58 am
Not to me and I suspect , not to a lot of others who can differentiate small and big business, helpful and personable as opposed to disengaged and greedy.

VitaminD wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:58 am
Yeah but he's not personally making decisions that will affect those people's ability to use goods they have already paid for. Whoever made the Wave's decision did exactly that so that's not really a valid comparison.

Waves make three vocal plugins that bought at discount (as I did during their last sale) are much cheaper than their competitors and have less onerous copy protection. Relieved I can hopefully continue to use them moving forward.

Their subs model was shite, their reversal doesn’t wipe out all the bad vibes folks have but was the best response, under the circumstances. Phew.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Just read the Waves email to all customers:

"With this in mind, we will strive to find the way to make things right by you, and hopefully regain your trust."

Here's how they could do it:
1. Fire the management team/decision makers who implemented this regardless of the reasons. (Owners? Then..#2)
2. Sell the company to someone who will have a chance at winning customers back.
3. Give all past customers the latest V14 or V15 updates for free regardless of how old their old version was. WUP everyone. Now. For free. Show us you mean it.

That'd be a start.

Otherwise I see many of the thought leaders in the pro audio field making "Waves" a pariah name. Something everyone laughs at when they hear you still use them in your projects.

May happen already anyway.

Anyone who laughs at me for using a particular plugin can, you know, f**k off 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good job I’m not 11 years old
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 am Anyone who laughs at me for using a particular plugin can, you know, f**k off 🤷🏼‍♂️

Good job I’m not 11 years old
FULL CIRCLE

(Sorry, just had to do it! :hihi: )
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

I guess (got no idea what your post means but that’s fine)

XZT wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:17 pm As I Understand the3rd reset is going to happen in 7 hours.
Thank you. I was able to use it again this morning.

BigSneezy wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:38 pm
wolflikeme wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:09 pm Can anyone explain why I can’t use the PA mega 20 voucher for a 2nd time? I missed the first day, made a successful purchase on the 2nd day reset and get this on the 3rd day reset:

I don't think the 3rd reset has happened yet. I think that happens end of today.

edit: oops, post above me already got your answer. sorry.
Thank you. I must have used my 2nd code before they announced the reset.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”