Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:33 pm Maybe they were just trying to find a way to make people love WUP?
This keeps happening the same way, idk why a company would be like “Everyone else has failed but we will succeed!”

Bitwig, Waves, Filmora (not audio but used by a lot of content creators).
D46FBBCA-FD42-4220-8AFF-AB38023EAD0C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jolaff wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:04 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:31 pm True, but most people are saying they will never trust or use them again!
yeah but how many of those who said that will REALLY stop using them now that they backed up ?
about 12
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:31 pm True, but most people are saying they will never trust or use them again!
yeah but how many of those who said that will REALLY stop using them now that they backed up ?
about 12
Max :hihi:

we must resist
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Jolaff wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:33 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:26 pm
about 12
Max :hihi:
I guess I'm one of those lonely 12 :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

wont trust em, some years later they will get back to it or sooner or later. i am about to look for alternatives for some plugins.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

AdvancedFollower wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:06 pmIt's not about punishment but more about trust. Waves cannot be trusted not to do this again. They might just be stalling for time while trying to figure out how to more smoothly transition to subscriptions only without the backlash. Heck at this point they can't even be trusted to last as a company, and then what's your WUP worth?
Well the WUP is definitely worth nothing if they go out of business because we all stop doing business with them on a point of principle.

And, again, you really think in a couple of years time they can pull the same stunt and this time get away with it? The absolute worst plausible case at this point is to give people warning to get up to date. Even that would be very risky for them at this point.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

martiu wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:39 pm we must resist
Resistance is Futile. :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:

Can we all just get back to bitching about how ancient waves plugins are? Thanks.

cryophonik wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:31 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 pm
cryophonik wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:01 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:51 pm Actions speak louder than words. Once trust is broken, it takes time to reestablish it again.
True, but admitting they made a bad decision and taking steps to undo that bad decision is also an action.
Choosing not to make such a bad decision in the first place should have been the action.
No argument here, but what's done is done and they had a choice to either stick it out and deal with the consequences or try to make amends. I'm glad they've chosen the latter and that they did so very quickly.
To that, I agree. I was expecting it to last months to possibly a year before they looked at Quarterly or Annual balance sheets and realized their mistake.

What a stupid bunch of c**ts :lol:

billcarroll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:48 pm
billcarroll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:45 pm
El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:43 pm The subscription to the electrical company is due every month.
Shocking! :o
Illuminating comment! :o :o
I see the light now, I'm sorry.
Watt?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

lingyai wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:09 am
billcarroll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 pm
VitaminD wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:48 pm
billcarroll wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:45 pm
El°HYM wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:43 pm The subscription to the electrical company is due every month.
Shocking! :o
Illuminating comment! :o :o
I see the light now, I'm sorry.
Watt?
They could see their original decision really Hertz a lot of people. Just look at our long Phases.

But now, that they've reconsidered, we're ex-static.

two licenses per sold plugin, please.
its mandatory nowadays. (at least two)
everything else is f.ck

even if i just use one.
I want the second one just alone when switching a computer to a new one !

It may not be the actual users directly causing the retraction, but the resellers throwing back all unsold licenses back to waves.
maanga

Return to “Effects”