Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Altitude

hi, can it make pluck sound? thanks
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:07 pm hi, can it make pluck sound? thanks
Yes, it can make pluck sounds. In fact, the modulation envelopes have configurable tension parameters so you change exactly how "snappy" or "loose" the pluck feels.

At the moment I am editing a video demonstrating the included factory patches, which will include a section on plucked sounds. But I have recorded a lot of material (~2 hours) so please be patient while I sort through it!

very nice, some synths have kind of a soft attack and are not very good at that
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I have setup the Discord link here https://discord.gg/aHnUxztsVe for people who prefer to chat on it. And of course, I will still continue to post updates on KVR :)

As for Altitude, I have an important announcement: The planned release date is 4th April. See you then! 8)

wow looks great :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yeah this is an awesome gui

How does this synth relate to Integrate? Is it superset of it's capabilities?

The hardstyle leads r very fat! i hope to hear some more sounds from it soon!

0degree wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:05 pm How does this synth relate to Integrate? Is it superset of it's capabilities?
Altitude certainly has significantly more features and capabilities than Integrate, however there are a few things that are only in Integrate: a few distortions, some filters, etc. That said, I imagine a couple of these features will be added to Altitude in the future through updates.

But I generally don't like to view synthesizers in terms of raw feature sets; the sound's character and workflow are also defining traits of an instrument. And with respect to this, Altitude and Integrate are different beasts with different goals. Altitude was designed with a focus on versatility and power, while Integrate was intended to be quirky and digital. However, I turned many of my favourite patches from Integrate's ROM into samples which are bundled with Altitude, so if you do need Integrate's flavour, you'll be able to quickly add that to your patches.

And of course, there will be a cross-grade offer for Altitude for existing users of Integrate, available for the first couple weeks of its launch.

yobare wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 am The hardstyle leads r very fat! i hope to hear some more sounds from it soon!
Thank you :D

Altitude has a lot of helpful tricks for making these fat sounds: the "hyper" unison mode, chaos modulation, per-unison voice LFOs, library of easy-to-layer samples, a range of asymmetric distortion algorithms, and so on.

But it's also capable of making softer, generative and expressive sounds: there's the dual sequencers, 4 math modulators, 2 XY pads, numerous filters, etc. And I'm very proud of this flexibility :wink:

nakst wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:40 am
0degree wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:05 pm How does this synth relate to Integrate? Is it superset of it's capabilities?
Altitude certainly has significantly more features and capabilities than Integrate, however there are a few things that are only in Integrate: a few distortions, some filters, etc. That said, I imagine a couple of these features will be added to Altitude in the future through updates.

But I generally don't like to view synthesizers in terms of raw feature sets; the sound's character and workflow are also defining traits of an instrument. And with respect to this, Altitude and Integrate are different beasts with different goals. Altitude was designed with a focus on versatility and power, while Integrate was intended to be quirky and digital. However, I turned many of my favourite patches from Integrate's ROM into samples which are bundled with Altitude, so if you do need Integrate's flavour, you'll be able to quickly add that to your patches.

And of course, there will be a cross-grade offer for Altitude for existing users of Integrate, available for the first couple weeks of its launch.
Thanks!

yobare wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 am The hardstyle leads r very fat! i hope to hear some more sounds from it soon!
I'd have it no other way! :tu:

I made sure to filter most of them, so they'll fit right into most mixes.

Unscripted performance of the pads included in the factory ROM:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6RAf4BIeM

I think I messed up the audio quality in the video somehow, but hopefully you're still able to get a good feel for the range of sounds available.
And many thanks to the sound designers: fdigl, el mono, Pascal "Ameyah" Lehmann, ALXNDRA, Twitchywhalez, SynthKitty, Perry Jackson.

Looks great! Not sure how I can trick myself into thinking I need another synth :hihi: but that is a me problem not this synth's fault. I really hope your project reaches the success you envisioned !

... Maybe I need just one more synth :dog: I swear it's the last one
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

HOTF wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:48 pm Looks great! Not sure how I can trick myself into thinking I need another synth :hihi: but that is a me problem not this synth's fault. I really hope your project reaches the success you envisioned !

... Maybe I need just one more synth :dog: I swear it's the last one
haha its hard to not want more synths its normal ;)

Return to “Instruments”