Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

Fabfilter has AAX m1 native

NUGEN has been rolling out M1 in dribs and drabs. The Focus Bundle (Monofilter, Stereoizer, StereoPlacer), SigMod, and AB Assist are also native Silicon.

SEQ-S/SEQ-ST and Aligner are still not. Some others also may not be.

They put the release notes in the product manuals and notate when Silicon support has been added.

Sonic Charge Cyclone 1.1 (Free)

https://soniccharge.com/download?~cyclone
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Massive X was updated today to version 1.4.3. The notes said (besides some preset improvements) that a silicon AAX was added and that the VST3 silicon version was made Ventura compatible. I find that last bit odd because the previous VST3 version, 1.4.2 seemed to work fine on Ventura 13.2.1.
On a number of Macs

LostIn70s (https://lostin70s.com) appears to have updated their plugins for Apple Silicon:

BassDeluxe 1.3.0
BullDeluxe 1.1.2
DevilSpring 1.2.0
HaNon B70 1.5.3
Harmonus 1.0.2
KeysOfThe70s 2.2.2
LivePedalboard 1.0.2 (already on list)
ModernDeluxe 2.3.1
ToneDeluxe V2 2.2.2
Torero 1.0.6

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:02 am Massive X was updated today to version 1.4.3. The notes said (besides some preset improvements) that a silicon AAX was added and that the VST3 silicon version was made Ventura compatible. I find that last bit odd because the previous VST3 version, 1.4.2 seemed to work fine on Ventura 13.2.1.
Adding official compatibility doesn't really mean anything. It may have worked 100% fine with the previous version, but when they add official compatibility all it means is that they've verified that the new operating system doesn't break anything or introduce new bugs with their software.

They must have a bunch of different tests they run through with each plug-in on the new operating system to verify everything is running smoothly and then they add official compatibility once it all checks out.

JonathanLevine wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:39 pm
They must have a bunch of different tests they run through with each plug-in on the new operating system to verify everything is running smoothly and then they add official compatibility once it all checks out.
A reasonable explanation. Thanks.
On a number of Macs

Pro Tools fully native

Lindell Audio has quietly updated 6X-500 and PEX-500 to v1.2.2

Version 1.2.2 (Mar 23, 2023)
- Apple Silicon support for AU, VST2/3 and AAX

Now the only one still missing on M1 is 902 De-Esser
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

waldorf updated Largo to v1.8 with native apple silicon support but for me it's still running as intel.

info below is only available in the installer and the specs on their site have not been updated and still say "intel CPU"

Largo Version Information

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Native Apple Silicon support
- MacOS Ventura and Windows 11 supported
- Bug fixes

Additional information

Latest Largo updates are always available in your MyWaldorf account via the Waldorf Website.

still running as intel here via the hosting service app. other devs had this same problem.. still waiting on the update from inGRM to solve this for AU version. with inaGRM the standalone and vst3 are apple silicon native but for some reason the AU runs as intel.

edit: emailed waldorf about the M1 showing as intel and got this reply:

thanks for your comment.

The new Largo installer is M1 native compatible.

Regarding the issue that It's shown as intel.... I've forwarded it to the developer.

Quinto from Sknote had this same problem with some installers and said it was a "stupid naming convention they missed" and he fixed it right away. i forwarded that info to waldorf and inaGRM. hopefully they can sort it out. it seems to be a common problem now. waldorf is the 3rd dev to have this issue. maybe there's others?
Last edited by dayjob on Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:35 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:43 pm
dix wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:37 pm GRM Tools versions

Version 3.11.0

News:
- Apple Silicon native compatibility
- Fixes several minor bugs

https://inagrm.com/en/store/download
scroll up my dude.

edit: the standalone versions are native apple silicon but the plug ins are not. weird.

definitely not running natively.

edit: email reply from GRM:

Thank you for your feedback.
The problem has been confirmed; We are working on it, and it should be addressed shortly.

Best regards,

Emmanuel
GRM Tools Support
INA grm
store.inagrm.com
I have Classic and Evolution plugins running in silicon but not Spectral
Is this fixed yet? - it seems the installers do not install Silicon Native VST3 versions for the Spectral Transform tools

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:53 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:35 pm
dayjob wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:43 pm
dix wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:37 pm GRM Tools versions

Version 3.11.0

News:
- Apple Silicon native compatibility
- Fixes several minor bugs

https://inagrm.com/en/store/download
scroll up my dude.

edit: the standalone versions are native apple silicon but the plug ins are not. weird.

definitely not running natively.

edit: email reply from GRM:

Thank you for your feedback.
The problem has been confirmed; We are working on it, and it should be addressed shortly.

Best regards,

Emmanuel
GRM Tools Support
INA grm
store.inagrm.com
I have Classic and Evolution plugins running in silicon but not Spectral
Is this fixed yet? - it seems the installers do not install Silicon Native VST3 versions for the Spectral Transform tools
nope. not fixed. i've emailed them every couple of weeks to get an update and to offer to beta test the installers if needed. emailed them yesterday and got this reply:

3.11 has still the problem you noticed earlier.
We have a 3.11.1 which is buggy, and we are working on a 3.12, AAX native...

dayjob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:54 am waldorf updated Largo to v1.8 with native apple silicon support but for me it's still running as intel.

info below is only available in the installer and the specs on their site have not been updated and still say "intel CPU"

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Bug fixes

Additional information

Latest Largo updates are always available in your MyWaldorf account via the Waldorf Website.

still running as intel here via the hosting service app. other devs had this same problem.. still waiting on the update from inGRM to solve this for AU version. with inaGRM the standalone and vst3 are apple silicon native but for some reason the AU runs as intel.

thanks for your comment.

Regarding the issue that It's shown as intel.... I've forwarded it to the developer.

Quinto from Sknote had this same problem with some installers and said it was a "stupid naming convention they missed" and he fixed it right away. i forwarded that info to waldorf and inaGRM. hopefully they can sort it out. it seems to be a common problem now. waldorf is the 3rd dev to have this issue. maybe there's others?
Largo 1.8.0 VST3 is AS native (tested)

GlitchScaper - Rhythm & Glitch machine
https://motion-soundscape.blogspot.com/ ... chine.html
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

cadiz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:25 am
dayjob wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:54 am waldorf updated Largo to v1.8 with native apple silicon support but for me it's still running as intel.

Changes in Version 1.8.0

- Bug fixes

Additional information

thanks for your comment.

Largo 1.8.0 VST3 is AS native (tested)
yes. it's only the AU that installs/runs as Intel only.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”