Waves got their eye wiped over subscriptions

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After backing down on their subscription demands Waves now say

"We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused."

sniff. eye well wiped there :D

Do you know of any user who prefers a subscription to an outright purchase or payment instalments?

Has any user ever said to you: "Hey, I love this subs model over outright ownership!"

Devs and manufacturers love subs. Obviously. They would.

The subs model locks in customers for life, and also locks in regular predictable payments.

Win win for them.

And they try to persuade the rest it's better for us.

"For your comfort and safety we advise you to f*** o**!" is this the correct phrase to use here?
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

kevvvvv wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:41 pm "We understand that our move was sudden and disruptive, and did not sufficiently take into consideration your needs, wishes, and preferences. We are genuinely sorry for the distress it has caused."
Uh huh. 1998 I purchased Waves Native Power Pack. It was WELL over $1000 - can't remember the exact price. Parallel port dongle. Next PC upgrade - no more parallel port. Contacted them wrt a solution or at least some kind of upgrade. They gave me the finger. Suffice it to say I no longer use their products. Call it a boycott.

I was never keen on dongles so I never went for Waves, but even less so this subs model they've had to retract.

I stalled on my latest Studio One v6 upgrade too, as they were pushing me to switch to subscribe by wildly overcharging for a fairly meek v6 upgrade.

Marketers think the subs model is the holy grail.

I've yet to meet a user who agrees.
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

The subscription discussion is better here

viewtopic.php?t=595252&start=15

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”