GForce Minimonsta2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Minimonsta2

A true blast from the past. It was always one of the top virtual synths out there, Moog or no Moog. Being polyphonic, this thing is almost a whole new beast. The GUI and preset management were holding it back. No brainer upgrade. Bring on Imposcar 3.

Good news on the Windows filter mode issue ! There now is a definitive consensus, as it has been confirmed and a fix is being worked on.

Got this a few days ago. Really enjoying it!

Are the X-LFOs/Envelopes' tempo sync status always globally synced?

ie. Can you have one X-Lfo unsynced on one parameter and synced on another?

I'd love to see an LFO reset on host playback start in free run mode or at least an option for that.

At the moment you have LFO retrigger on midi note (with different phase options) or free run mode that doesn't reset.

Having it reset with host transport would allow you to make more predictable modulations.

dj ray wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:25 am Bring on Imposcar 3.
Aside from GUI, what needs to change on Imposcar 2?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:02 pm
it needs spectral bin scrambler in the effects section
aliasing plugin owner
:?

The browser. New ones are much nicer. And formats - New Apple and Vst3.

And i would definitely not complain about an added xlfo and xEnvelope section!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:20 pm And i would definitely not complain about an added xlfo and xEnvelope section!
That would be epic! Am I correct that Minimonsta is the only one with the modulation panels? It’s so genius, I wish all synths had that, especially all GForce synths.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:23 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:20 pm And i would definitely not complain about an added xlfo and xEnvelope section!
That would be epic! Am I correct that Minimonsta is the only one with the modulation panels? It’s so genius, I wish all synths had that, especially all GForce synths.
Oddity has it too. It got that added in V2, which came out long after imp2 so who knows, maybe theres a chance.

Imagine the user wave partials each being modulatable by their own lfos and envelopes. They are already their own automatable controls. Damn now I want this.

Then mpe please.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

martiu wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm
Is this becoming one of your running jokes ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:37 pm
no i just really want synth with spectral effects :?
aliasing plugin owner

The whole point of vst/plugins was ability to add virtual fx of choice to anything. Why would anyone want them built into a synth, especially a hardware emulation.

In the hardware world onboard FX work to save desk space and recall, two concerns you don't have in the DAW world.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

It is a matter of how crazy the developer is, everybody has external reverbs and delays but there is build in in almost every synth
aliasing plugin owner

martiu wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:56 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:37 pm
no i just really want synth with spectral effects :?
Then buy a dedicated effect that does exactly that , lot’s of good freeware to be found too , anarchy effects are great and 64 bit
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

martiu wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:12 pm It is a matter of how crazy the developer is, everybody has external reverbs and delays but there is build in in almost every synth
I have more synth plugins that include FX (like reverb) inside them than synth plugins that don't. So i guess the majority of plugin developers are 'crazy,' by your terms. :tu:

I think resizable GUI and better patch management, essentially unifying the interfaces. Imposcar 2 still sounds great, but they can always tweak the filters, or add new ones? XLFOs, and simplify the additive wave grid? The thing is good enough, and unique enough (no real Oscar emus out there), that a fresh coat of paint, new presets and some quality of life features would make it very relevant again.

Return to “Instruments”