VPS Avenger 2.1 [RELEASED - FAQ in OP]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

2 hours left for plugin boutique sale. Seems like the best opportunity.

Stan Navi wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:44 am Your example with Tesla is not convincing. If you read carefully, i already mentioned companies with great and powerful synths, who suggest upgrade to V2 for free. So no need to whine and behave like this. I just wanted to hear vps team point of view.
Yeah but then the answer of 1 to 1.8 being free was already given to you by VPS.

My answer was not really to convince you or even addressed to you but addressed to VPS to let them know that not all the client base want to suck their blood and most of us are ok to pay as long as the product is good (and it definitely is).

So chill, it was nothing personal. We just disagree.

Jac459 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:11 am
Stan Navi wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:44 am Your example with Tesla is not convincing. If you read carefully, i already mentioned companies with great and powerful synths, who suggest upgrade to V2 for free. So no need to whine and behave like this. I just wanted to hear vps team point of view.
not all the client base want to suck their blood

So chill, it was nothing personal. We just disagree.
So if you say that "client base want to suck the blood of developers" is true,
then "developer want to squeeze out as much money as possible from their plugins" also can be true.

I am not saying that paid upgrade is bad (until it will be cost as new avenger :D ). I am only try to say there are different paradigms, some company use. Now i know point of view from VPS team. It's up to you to decide if you like it.

twal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:53 am 2 hours left for plugin boutique sale. Seems like the best opportunity.
The promotion on Best Service has started now and the price is $117 (assuming you don't need to pay tax). I suspected this was coming. :hihi:

In Avenger 2, it would be cool to be able to turn on an option where if I click an Osc, the amp, and filter associated with this Osc would be selected as well; because sometimes I forget that I switched Osc and start changing the amp or filter I assigned to another Osc. I know you can assign multiples to one Osc, but maybe have it select routed first in line. Or, when you select an Osc it highlights the amp/filter and whatever. I know they are color coded, but this could be a friendly reminder. Just an idea.

Granular down to 1 or 2 grains please - slowest speed is still too fast.

Added info about the Quantum 3x delay in the OP.

Manuel says the main features are now locked for 2.0. 2.1 will hopefully contain the new piano roll feature.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Some companies are perfectionists. There will never be an avenger 2.0.

msvs wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:51 pm
Stan Navi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 pm UVI Falcon 2 was free upgrade, Pigments 1-4 was free upgrade, Phase Plant 2 also was free upgrade. Serum 2 will be free upgrade. This good examples of companies, which do not try to squeeze out as much money as possible from their plugins. And i am glad to support them, buying new plugins/expansions. I don't know how VPS team thinking and what business model they have. But if they rely on selling expansions, so it would be great to maintain base product(Avenger) for free or nominal price.
We did pack so much free new features and updates in version 1.0 to 1.8.5 - strange that you seem to forget that.
However 1.8.5 will continue to work, so no one is forced to get v2. However v2 will also come with new sounds, compared to a new expansion, the upgrade price will be well worth it for these who are interested.
So Falcon 2 didn't add new features, Pigments 2 - 4 didn't add new features, Phase Plant 2 didn't add new features, and Serum 2 didn't add new features?
Oh wait - you failed to actually address what he said!

Oh, and LOL at "compared to a new expansion, the upgrade price will be well worth it for these who are interested." - that's because your expansions are ridiculously overpriced!

BenfordLaw wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:30 pm
msvs wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:51 pm
Stan Navi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:04 pm UVI Falcon 2 was free upgrade, Pigments 1-4 was free upgrade, Phase Plant 2 also was free upgrade. Serum 2 will be free upgrade. This good examples of companies, which do not try to squeeze out as much money as possible from their plugins. And i am glad to support them, buying new plugins/expansions. I don't know how VPS team thinking and what business model they have. But if they rely on selling expansions, so it would be great to maintain base product(Avenger) for free or nominal price.
We did pack so much free new features and updates in version 1.0 to 1.8.5 - strange that you seem to forget that.
However 1.8.5 will continue to work, so no one is forced to get v2. However v2 will also come with new sounds, compared to a new expansion, the upgrade price will be well worth it for these who are interested.
So Falcon 2 didn't add new features, Pigments 2 - 4 didn't add new features, Phase Plant 2 didn't add new features, and Serum 2 didn't add new features?
Oh wait - you failed to actually address what he said!

Oh, and LOL at "compared to a new expansion, the upgrade price will be well worth it for these who are interested." - that's because your expansions are ridiculously overpriced!
You seem quite angry..

Interestingly, Serum 2 hasn't even been announced yet, much less finished or even released.

Despite the cpu issues i have, I think I quite got value for money with Avenger 1 and am looking forward to purchasing the upgrade to Avenger 2.

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:45 pm Interestingly, Serum 2 hasn't even been announced yet, much less finished or even released.

Despite the cpu issues i have, I think I quite got value for money with Avenger 1 and am looking forward to purchasing the upgrade to Avenger 2.

rsp
Same here...

Can't wait to use money on Avenger 2
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

Avenger has got to be one of the most bloated, if not THE most bloated synth plugins on the market. I would actually pay Vengeance to remove features rather than add new ones.

The interface is a cluttered, convoluted mess. If Avenger sounded absolutely amazing, I would be more willing to put up with its cramped UI. But Avenger is just another EDM-focused synth plugin for people who gravitate towards overly complicated software.

Compare Avenger to Spectrasonics Omnisphere. Given its complexity, Omnisphere has a very straightforward UI. The company doesn't try to cram everything in to one window. As a result, there is space for the UI to "breathe" so to speak as opposed to the claustrophobic, suffocating Avenger UI.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I do agree that it seems like Vengeance's business model is to sell you as many overpriced expansion packs as possible. I'd rather have more 3rd-party support at more affordable prices.
D-550, EX-8000, Juno 60, Matrix-1000, MicroWave I Rev A, MicroWave II XT, MKS-7, MkS-20 x2, MKS-30, MKS-50, MKS-70, MKS-80 rev 4, MKS-80 rev 5, Nord Rack 2, Nord Rack 3, Pulse 1, Pulse 2, REV2, Shruthi SMR-4 MKII, Shruthi 4MP, Tetra, Virus TI2 keyboard

The interface isn't a cluttered, convoluted mess (in my opinion, I am not saying you are wrong).. the expansions window is too big but it is pretty well laid out - not much tabbing through screens for how deep it is unlike something like Pigments which involves a lot of tabbing about which I find more annoying in use.
Subjective but I think Avenger does sound amazing, among the best you can buy, I will never buy an expansion pack or use the drums part but as a synth, and for granular stuff and its quality of fx it is really great.

Return to “Instruments”