I want to get MS-20, which has the most energetic sound?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Stefken wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:41 am @killmaster. It is an interesting offer off course at 200 bucks. Depends on what you want.
Having never heard an actual Korg MS-20 in person, I feel really happy with the Arturia emulation. I'll see where this takes me.

k-2 for the price of many synth plugins? Wow I'm tempted. 499 for the behringer 2600 is also quite nice. It even has osc sync!

I have the Cherry audio's emulation. It's okay emulating the spirit of the MS20 and you can ake the filter scream. The UI is an absolute nightmare the colours are making everything hard to see. Arturia Looks much nicer but I don't have V collection (yet aha). Best bet is to get the hardware version ;)
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:14 pm k-2 for the price of many synth plugins? Wow I'm tempted. 499 for the behringer 2600 is also quite nice. It even has osc sync!
For 50 bucks extra, you can get the 2600 Blue Marvin special edition.
I would probably go for that one.

Stefken wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:31 pm
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:14 pm k-2 for the price of many synth plugins? Wow I'm tempted. 499 for the behringer 2600 is also quite nice. It even has osc sync!
why? Anything else different besides the color?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:00 pm
spring reverb i think?

vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 pm
spring reverb i think?
just found a description online. Mechanical reverb as opposed to digital. Otherwise "hand-picked components"? Whatever that means.

killmaster wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:24 am I'm looking into this and have narrowed it down to this list. Would love to get advice and if there's any option I'm leaving out, I'd like to know. Really wanting with similar character to the original but also considering Arturia's version cause I hear such great things about it. I don't care if it's hardware or software, though the ability to save presets is nice. I love "that" sound of the original, so if newer versions have that in even more energetic degrees, that would be welcomed. By energetic I mean growly and aggressive, not timid, but also can be smooth and rich.

1) Arturia Korg MS-20 V
2) Korg MS-20 Mini
3) Behringer K-2
4) Korg Collection MS-20
5) U-he Diva (I understand the filters are superb!)
I haven't read the whole thread, but you can get V Collection 9 for $175 or less on here, and get (almost) all of their synths, actually 33, so the price is absolutely incredible. V Collection retails for $600, but sometimes it's on sale for 50% off then people will go about 50% off of that because they got it for half-off price and people will consider that. It's really a no brainer, really. V Collection is one of the most inspiring suite of instruments for very cheap, indeed.

EDIT: Oh, looks like you got this.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:14 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:01 pm
spring reverb i think?
just found a description online. Mechanical reverb as opposed to digital. Otherwise "hand-picked components"? Whatever that means.
yeah a real spring reverb 8)
not sure about the hand picked bit though?

Any demos I've seen pretty much say the blue and grey ones sound the same as the standard one. Real spring reverb, but because it's real, it's noisier, so a bit of a double-edged sword IMO. I guess the hand-picked components might be rolled on the thighs of Vietnamese virgins or something though...

This might explain what handpicked means.
https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... a-120.html

Reaktor has a really nice MS 20 clone.

osiris wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:24 pm Reaktor has a really nice MS 20 clone.
Thanks. Which one are you referring to? There are several in the User Library.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/11291/

Sorry. Forgot there's more than one. This one is the one I read about most. Heard some sound snippets and it does sound good.

osiris wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:33 pm https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... how/11291/

Sorry. Forgot there's more than one. This one is the one I read about most. Heard some sound snippets and it does sound good.
Thank you!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”