VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Newset Plugin by SA
-SA76 Limiting Amplifier
Out today I happened to be looking at SA lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09XJdYi5PiA

Though it is free to current subscribers and $30.55 to buy outright, still very brave to release a 1176 now that UAD's Native version is available for purchase (ilok haters not withstanding).
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:08 pm Though it is free to current subscribers and $30.55 to buy outright, still very brave to release a 1176 now that UAD's Native version is available for purchase (ilok haters not withstanding).
rsp
Can you get the UAD version on sale for $30.55?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Some really nice additions, like drive, width, sidechain. No headroom adjustment though, which I like on the UAD 1176 Rev E.

It's pretty, and sounds good too.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

The UAD is three versions (A,E and AE) and can be had for $99 currently, but no not $30.55 but price doesn't dictate the main purchasing decision for me..
I of course haven't heard it but would be shocked if it comes as good or better than the uad, I haven't heard any native one that does so far.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:39 pm The UAD is three versions (A,E and AE) and can be had for $99 currently, but no not $30.55 but price doesn't dictate the main purchasing decision for me..
I of course haven't heard it but would be shocked if it comes as good or better than the uad, I haven't heard any native one that does so far.
rsp
I'd say the drive knob, sidechain, and input/output link make the SA76 worth every penny. Testing against the UAD Rev E now.

I'd still like to see a headroom adjustment like UAD has, and maybe the mods from the AE version as well. SonicAcademy actually updates their plugins, so I'm thinking it could happen. :)

Solid plugin from Sonic Academy though. Big thumbs up.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Which then encouraged me to demo it.
It really is good... Not sure it will necessarily replace my UAD, but definitely if I didn't have the UAD this would be a no brainer..
I second Bill's:
Solid plugin from Sonic Academy though. Big thumbs up.
sound sculptist

how many more emulations of this compressor the world needs? lazy developers are probably outsourcing the code to the same person xD
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:13 am how many more emulations of this compressor the world needs? lazy developers are probably outsourcing the code to the same person xD
I know right. Infact I'd even say that we don't need more analog emulation plugins, we have enough already. But that's what we're gonna get. Because developers know that people buy this and are obsessed with this. That means almost every developer who is gonna make plugins, or is trying to enter the audio plugin industry, will almost certainly make an 1176 or a LA2A or a SSL emulation.
If I was a developer, I'd do the same. It's almost a sure shot way of getting people to talk about you and your brand.

Anyways, I haven't tried the SA76, but Sonic Academy makes good plugins. ANA 2 is criminally underrated.
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

rod_zero wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:13 am how many more emulations of this compressor the world needs? lazy developers are probably outsourcing the code to the same person xD
Honestly our motivation for making plugins is a bit different from other plugin companies. We make stuff based off what we think is useful to users doing our courses. With the ultimate goal being that users don't have to spend a lot of money if tutors want to use 3rd party plugins. So we are working through the most popular stuff... then making it free for subscribers or at least very affordable.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:21 am
Honestly our motivation for making plugins is a bit different from other plugin companies. We make stuff based off what we think is useful to users doing our courses. With the ultimate goal being that users don't have to spend a lot of money if tutors want to use 3rd party plugins. So we are working through the most popular stuff... then making it free for subscribers or at least very affordable.
Business idea: maybe make a partnership with a developer with a subscription model and kind of bind the course with the plugin subscription.
dedication to flying

Tried the demo. This is what I wanted Waves CLA-76 to be. With HP filter. Perfect glueing comp (loved it way better than just released "bus compressor" from another company).
Amazing job with this one, probably the best I've ever tried. Bought.

Igro wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:57 pm Tried the demo. This is what I wanted Waves CLA-76 to be. With HP filter. Perfect glueing comp (loved it way better than just released "bus compressor" from another company).
Amazing job with this one, probably the best I've ever tried. Bought.
great! happy you guys are enjoying it
we have more plugins coming soon..

Return to “Effects”