can anyone share experience with splice.com?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ATS wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:37 am
sl23 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:44 am I got a free 3 month subscription to splice when I bought an MPC Live 2,but never bothered with it. Why? Because, my attitude is that sampling, by its very nature should be done by the user. I've no doubt that there are many great sample packs worth the money. But why pay out? To me the point of a sampler is to create your own library.

Samples can be made from just about any source, and a little creativity can go a long way. :)

But that's just me. Personally, I believe if you're going to buy sample packs, you may as well just buy a synth and preset packs.
yup I do both of those, guess I am not a real musician. :hihi:
Sshhh! Neither am I!!! :clown:
Just a hobby for me. But everyone has their own way of working. I was just trying to save the guy some money :D

I’ve been using it for quite a while to buy Serum. Great experience with the company, you can start and stop the subscription as you please and pick up where you left off. At the end of the process you get a key to use so you don’t need to run the Splice app to access the plugin.

I don’t have any experience with the other features of Splice though.

It's not Splice, but this sample pack for $33.09 £23.96 (after coupon SUB20) comes with a year subscription to Loopcloud.

https://www.loopmasters.com/genres/91-L ... 297e055206

Edit: Just signed up.

The Bad:You have to agree to setup autorenew new year and enter a Credit Card or Paypal. Looks like it charged $1 to confirm my card. Not sure if I go cancel if it will cancel my free year so I guess I will need to remember to cancel in a year unless I figure out if I can cancel earlier.

The Good: SUB20 worked to take another 20% off for me.

samdean wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:39 am Or can any expert here share some other sites that are good for music ideas please. Thanks.
Oh yes I can. That's exactly what these sound packs are made for! :D

All packs have free demos to download and try, and there is a massive sale on right now.

https://newloops.com/

:D

Their packs and website are good. The app is horrendous.

I like that! Thank you Fornicras!!

[quote=ROTMetro post_id=8531511 time=1665464024 user_id=550188]
It's not Splice, but this sample pack for [s]$33.09[/s] £23.96 (after coupon SUB20) comes with a year subscription to Loopcloud.

https://www.loopmasters.com/genres/91-L ... 297e055206

Edit: Just signed up.

The Bad:You have to agree to setup autorenew new year and enter a Credit Card or Paypal. Looks like it charged $1 to confirm my card. Not sure if I go cancel if it will cancel my free year so I guess I will need to remember to cancel in a year unless I figure out if I can cancel earlier.

The Good: SUB20 worked to take another 20% off for me.
[/quote]

they have loopcloud.com as their child company I guess. they are charging 7$/month I remember. your deal is very good. Thanks!

I read comments like this and I feel like my grammy winning songs made with loops suck. Wait. Do they? :o

Dude, it's all about how you use loops, even to create the melody of your song. The whole thing. Be creative and you might feel surprised with what did you create using just loops. Combine them, change key and tempo, you can make a verse from a sample pack and a chorus from another. Same for pre-chorus, bridges, melodies, live instruments, everything. All is possible with creativity and good taste. You don't need to be proficient at playing any instrument to come out with a hit song from loops only. Cheating? Not at all. What matters is the end result and how much money will you earn from those tracks. Not to mention personal fulfillment. 90% of people that play an instrument don't go anywhere. It's all about results and talent. Exceptional results are achieved with talent for music, even if you did not have the chance to learn piano, whatever.

Here's my experience with splice...
I had a subscription for over a year and i had to cancel because it was not bringing any value to me unfortunately. I produce techno music and all the samples made big brands for techno producers are ... well... overprocessed trash. Sure some of them might sound good on their own put there is no way samples this process will fit in your track. The only samples I really use were more general use samples like : foley samples, recording of real world percussion like bongo, congas bells etc. My drum machines one shots : 808, 909 etc are already covered with the sample from mars bundle. That being said this is the experience of someone making techno and there is a big emphasis on sound design and experimentation in the genre. You may not experience the same thing if you make other types of music.
Techno and other adjacent genres
Horse On The Third Floor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyL394 ... n4RdaCYHjA

It's changed now, but if you were anywhere near a commercial production mainly in Pop or Hip Hop in the last 7-10 years, you'd know just how much Splice was used. EVERYONE used it. As too many people use it now and cases like this showed, how melody loops are a trap not to fall into (there are film scoring and producer circles that very actively advice against using any Splice or other loops because of copyright strikes).

For inspiration, yes. For learning how to build tracks fast, yes. For commercial releases, very rarely anymore.

Plus, Splice still has this unnerving thing where you lose all your credits when your sub is over. And if you accidentally delete your downloaded samples and loops after your sub ended, you can't re-download them unless you re-sub.

There will soon be infinite loop generators (just like we have infinite drum sample generators now), Splice might even be working on one, where you add a loop and have a website/plugin generator infinite variations.

Sampling other peoples melodies has always been a trap. Why would anyone do such a thing anyways, if not making training songs for home use. 90's sampling is a different game, they did not rip mega edm melody loops from a Safari browser.

Daft Punk, The Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Dr. Dre, J Dilla, and Hip Hop History would like a word with you.

ROTMetro wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:53 am Not sure if I go cancel if it will cancel my free year so I guess I will need to remember to cancel in a year unless I figure out if I can cancel earlier.
1. "Hey, Siri, in 360 days, remind me to cancel the Loopcloud subscription."

Done. (If you have an iPhone.) I do this all the time.

2. When you go to the cancelation page, most companies tell you if your privileges will end immediately or after the original expiration date.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”