Sends and inserts in arranger view...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw that in Pro Tools you can see and access track's plugins from the arrange view.

I was curious to know if there are other DAWs that allow this...

Thanx

There's a script which adds that function to Live'.

Cubase there's so many areas you can see this instantly.
Have you tried Vital?

Sonar/Cakewalk do that nicely, row by row but not as many columns as ProTools.
So designing track panel for each type of track, on midi plugins too, you decide.
So no need to have everything visible taking up space for each type of track.
Busses too, but easily hidden if not needed in track view.

Cubase is only in Inspector and not like this with good overview(until 9.5 that I used anyway)

thecontrolcentre wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:32 pm There's a script which adds that function to Live'.
Sooo... what/where is this script? :D
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I saw that reaper have that option too...

lfm wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:39 am Sonar/Cakewalk do that nicely, row by row but not as many columns as ProTools.
So designing track panel for each type of track, on midi plugins too, you decide.
So no need to have everything visible taking up space for each type of track.
Busses too, but easily hidden if not needed in track view.

Cubase is only in Inspector and not like this with good overview(until 9.5 that I used anyway)
You can do that in Cubase with the mixer - you can have the mixer open in the arrange window and have it show all the sends/inserts instead of channel strip. There's a third mixer setup, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. Same thing, different way. I suspect many people always have the mixer up in the arrange page. TBH I find that far more useful than the inspector most of the time (and the quick controls).

kritikon wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:55 pm You can do that in Cubase with the mixer - you can have the mixer open in the arrange window and have it show all the sends/inserts instead of channel strip. There's a third mixer setup, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. Same thing, different way. I suspect many people always have the mixer up in the arrange page. TBH I find that far more useful than the inspector most of the time (and the quick controls).
But you still have to by eye match a mixer strip to the actuall track in arrange view. Two dozen tracks, good luck. A lot of scrolling there.

Having it all in one row too is very convenient.

But agree the Inspector is limited use, in any daw I used, really.

ProTools style plugins and send there is really cool. But on the other hand last time I looked PT does not allow to undock mixer to second monitor which most daws do today. So that could be the reason they made more effort to see more things in arrange view.

Dual monitors is way to go.

lfm wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:16 pm
kritikon wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:55 pm You can do that in Cubase with the mixer - you can have the mixer open in the arrange window and have it show all the sends/inserts instead of channel strip. There's a third mixer setup, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. Same thing, different way. I suspect many people always have the mixer up in the arrange page. TBH I find that far more useful than the inspector most of the time (and the quick controls).
But you still have to by eye match a mixer strip to the actuall track in arrange view. Two dozen tracks, good luck. A lot of scrolling there.

Having it all in one row too is very convenient.

But agree the Inspector is limited use, in any daw I used, really.

ProTools style plugins and send there is really cool. But on the other hand last time I looked PT does not allow to undock mixer to second monitor which most daws do today. So that could be the reason they made more effort to see more things in arrange view.

Dual monitors is way to go.
No you can set it up easily in Cubase, in fact if we're comparing the image the OP posted it's even easier to see them in Cubase, and in more ways than one.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:17 pm
No you can set it up easily in Cubase, in fact if we're comparing the image the OP posted it's even easier to see them in Cubase, and in more ways than one.
Give us a screen dump and I'll cave in on this ;)

It may be something new since v9.5 that I ran 2018 or so.
- easier and better than ProTools overview in arrange view
- believe it when I see it

I know about the view over mixer that can show each tracks audio slide as it is played. Which is unique to Cubase, I think.

I have Cubase 12 and I would be VERY surprised if you can set it up to see inserts in the track header.

Yes the point of having it in the track header is to "not have to eye match a track row with a mixer strip". And to have more vertical space in the arranger.

He is probably talking about this :

That's the simplest way if you have the default setup, I don't use that -- I have my mixconsole always separate from the track view. However when I did when I first began using Cubase I just looked at the track name and used the show/hide thing (exclusive expand rack).

I was more thinking a custom setup I use in the mixconsole, enable the meterbridge and change the metertype to wave for another visual reference.

If you need the inserts/sends showing on the track header itself and not happy seeing it on the left side inspector or those other options mentioned, I don't think you could force/mod cubase to show it in the exact spot you're asking. Might be possible in Reaper.
Have you tried Vital?

Studio One can't do this, it has track inspector which you can see the plugins though (after you select the track)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”