Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Post

gaggle of hermits wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:28 am
Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:55 am Here's a quick update on the Waves saga...

A Waves affiliate's video was removed after he exposed their fake apology from the CTO Meir Shaashua (who apparently can't spell his own name).

https://youtu.be/M9DRL7EpwG4
i'm not sure what the scandal is about the letters – it was maybe a bit daft to have these things made to look as though they were personal letters but i can't imagine that waves being waves didn't have the lawyers draft the "apology".
The fact that Waves told Ave Mcree to remove the video would suggest that Waves think it's a problem if people found out. The point for me is there are likely thousands of customers (who aren't as savvy as you) who are willing to forgive Waves because the CTO wrote a personal apology. While you might not find that a problem, I do.

Post

Would a slave system running Waves via Audio Gridder on a older Mac OS work?
Have the newer Mac OS running as Master?

Post

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:07 am The fact that Waves told Ave Mcree to remove the video would suggest that Waves think it's a problem if people found out. The point for me is there are likely thousands of customers (who aren't as savvy as you) who are willing to forgive Waves because the CTO wrote a personal apology. While you might not find that a problem, I do.
i wouldn't say i don't find it a problem: i get where you're coming from. it's just that i don't expect any better from waves (and that doesn't mean i think don't think they should do better). it's just that when i saw that apology letter, i just thought of the south park episode where the head of BP pats the head of a baby seal while saying "we're sorry".

i'm sure they are very sorry they got themselves into this mess. i doubt they're sorry about thinking the original plan was going to work better than it did.

and with the action over the letters being published, waves simply made it worse for themselves. they could have let it go and just said "that's what we agreed among ourselves". all they've done is spray the fire with extra petrol.
Last edited by gaggle of hermits on Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post

Yeah , I don't like how they did. I don't like Buffett restaurants either. I think of a subscription model as a buffet. I don't want everything on it , nor can I eat all that and I definitely don't want to pay for all that when I would rather have the one or two items freshly made and be on my merry way. I think I own like may own like 3 or 6 Waves plugins . I think I had got some freebies as well as the purchases . Let's see infected mushroompusher , lofi and lofi space verb. Then the other stuff I have free and I don't use any of them ..... Yet. Lolz .

Post

Actions are louder than words. Anyone can form an apology (and mean it or not).

What we saw is a company strong arm their long term customer base, a widespread outcry against it, and a meandering mea culpa with currently just the reversal of now allowing WUP again.

If someone you knew for a lengthy time suddenly stabbed you in the back, would you turn around and say 'ow that hurts get that knife out of my back?' and expect them to say 'oh sorry let me remove the knife. I didn't realize it would hurt you.' and leave it at that? That the relationship is now copacetic because of the apology? I'd expect some form of restitution. (Also, I probably would never trust that 'person' again in the same way as they've proven they can and will cross a line.)

Business relationships are relationships too...

Post

Waves can suck my cock. That would help the forgiveness.

There is no way I'd describe myself as having a relationship with them, though. They're not my type.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Post

revvy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 am Waves can suck my cock. That would help the forgiveness.

that's top tier subscription.

Post

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:55 am Here's a quick update on the Waves saga...

A Waves affiliate's video was removed after he exposed their fake apology from the CTO Meir Shaashua (who apparently can't spell his own name).

https://youtu.be/M9DRL7EpwG4
Your channel, that I just now discovered, is probably the best thing that has ever happened to music production community! :tu:

It's like Fonejacker Terry Tibbs but plugins! :phones:

Tears in the eyes from laughing so much from the video below!!! :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oxTznkTctU
Fusion

Post

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 am
revvy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 am Waves can suck my cock. That would help the forgiveness.

that's top tier subscription.
Under normal circumstances, yes, but they need to extend the offer to up-to-date WUP guys like myself to make amends for being rubbish before.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Post

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:44 am
revvy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 am Waves can suck my cock. That would help the forgiveness.

that's top tier subscription.
Analog noise on or off by default?

Post

revvy wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:40 am Waves can suck my cock. That would help the forgiveness.

There is no way I'd describe myself as having a relationship with them, though. They're not my type.
So youre a one night stand type of guy 😂
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Post

No he owns an illegal cockfighting ring

Post

I think you’re projecting there…

Nothing illegal about my ring!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Post

ourafilmes wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:32 pm I forgot to add:
In the third picture I show in the video, you can read in the 2nd post
"stories about studios being visited and quizzed about having Waves software, and then the hidden cameras come out and film someone demo'ing legit versions"

Because I am honest (but can make mistakes like anyone) and like to be clear, here´s the link
https://gearspace.com/board/music-compu ... ation.html
Well, if you are honest, as you say, then why did you not quote the full sentence?

"Are there any stories about studios being visited and quizzed about having Waves software, and then the hidden cameras come out and film someone demo'ing legit versions? "

I coloured the bits you conveniently left out.
Well, this does not prove anything but maybe your detector needs an update mate!
Yes, this QUESTION indeed does not prove anything at all (except that somebody asked it).

So nope, no update required!

Post

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:55 am who apparently can't spell his own name
What is that about?

Return to “Effects”