Professionals mostly use Macs? Should I go Windows or Mac?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Michael L wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:38 am Steve Wozniak who built the first Apple Mac with the Fleetwood Mac and promoter Bill Graham who gave away free Apples at every Fillmore Auditorium concert
:party:
The Woz, Bill Graham and Fleetwood Mac.jpg
(Wozniak built a couple of concert amphitheaters and funded two music festivals, with Graham)
AFAIK, Wozniak built the Apple II, not the Mac. The Mac was built by another team, based on ideas cariied out from the LISA, which was built on ideas taken from the Xerox Alto:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/tech-industry ... macintosh/
Fernando (FMR)

Most pros also have a herman miller chair. Maybe that's the secret to success.

Opaque wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:57 am Most pros also have a herman miller chair. Maybe that's the secret to success.
Bullshit!
When I want to produce a smooth and round sound I sit there:
And when I want accurate and razor sharp sound I sit there:

fmr wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:50 amAFAIK, Wozniak built the Apple II
and helped design the Mac from 1984-1987, according to Macworld.

Woz also staged the two "Us" music & tech festivals in '82-'83, “the Woodstock of the 80s” with the first big screens and high quality sound https://www.youtube.com/@usfestmovie. Fleetwood Mac was the headliner at the first Us Fest with 300,000 people (and live satellite to USSR). The above photo is backstage. Woz also built two amphitheaters in Silicon Valley.

Jobs says in that great article you linked, that the best people in computers were musicians. They went into computers because it was so compelling. It was a new medium of expression for their creative talents.

As you can see, there has been a long, personal and deep connection between Apple and the world of music, which is one of the many reasons that professional musicians mostly use Macs and songs sound better when produced on Mac computers. It's not just the design and technology, it's the quality of the people who make and use Macs.
Roth & Woz.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

If you end up looking like that for your music, I'd rather use an abacus, never mind a PC. That pic kinda sez "only complete twats use Macs"...

If there's even the question, then the immediate answer is PC. Because as a learning experience, you'll be able to upgrade and change parts as you grow before being forced to buy another. And if it reaches it's limit, you can switch it to Linux.

jeez, I remember when you had to run Windows emulators on Macs because there was hardly any decent Apple software programs for it. Buying Emagic (and Logic) in 2002 fixed that.

Only complete twat would diss DLR
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

osiris wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:15 pm jeez, I remember when you had to run Windows emulators on Macs because there was hardly any decent Apple software programs for it. Buying Emagic (and Logic) in 2002 fixed that.
Which alternate universe did you beam down from?

jamcat wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:38 pm Only complete twat would diss DLR
I used to catch it everyday from Stratford to Canary Wharf. Very slow.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

From late 90s DLR was also an EMT in NYC going on 100s of 911s !
( typical Mac guy )
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Robert Smith scorecard:
Macs: 2 | Socks: 0

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm
I had to catch it once when on one of the pointless inter-departmental visits. There was no "buffet service for Drinks and Light Refreshments" on the DLR. Disappointing.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:56 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:48 pm
I had to catch it once when on one of the pointless inter-departmental visits. There was no "buffet service for Drinks and Light Refreshments" on the DLR. Disappointing.
Worst moment was on a day when the platform was wet and I had on a pair of Loakes, fecking useless shoes with no grip of the type you’re supposed to wear with a suit.
Just as I was stepping into a full DLR carriage the doors shut on me and I kind of bounced off the door and in the wet was spun frictionless and ended up with my right leg dangling off the platform in the space between the train and the concrete platform edge and I had one of those serene moments where everything is slow motion and I just thought “these trains are driverless, no-one can stop it moving and me losing this leg”. Somehow someone had noticed though and the doors opened and a few people dragged me free and into the train.

And then because we were all British no-one spoke about it or talked at all. :lol:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2006/04/ ... Boot-Camp/

'many customers have expressed their interest to run Windows on Apple’s superior hardware now that we use Intel processors,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “We think Boot Camp makes the Mac even more appealing to Windows users considering making the switch.”

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”