Waves already backtracking

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Behringer not only emulates Waves and Moog and all the others, but now the crown of synthesis:
https://synthanatomy.com/2023/04/leak-t ... sizer.html

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:27 pm
jens wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 pm
Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am who apparently can't spell his own name
What is that about?
The PR department that wrote the apology letter spelt the CTO’s name wrong. His name is Meir Shaashua. In the email and on their website it’s spelt Meir Shashoua.

lol - that's a good one.

Waves are from Israel, you know? And the official language of Israel is Hewbrew, which is written in Ktav Ashuri, which means to write his name with the Latinum Alphabet it needs to be transcribed.
And with languages for which that is neccessary (other examples are Mandarin, Russian and Thai) there are usually different methods to make such a transcription - and hence different ways to write the same word or name with the Latinum Alphabet (none of which method is ever perfect).
In the case of Hebrew there are both a phonetic and a phonemic transcription system. So that is very likely the cause of the different spellings of his name.

Yay, another wonderful example of the Dunning Kruger effect. :party:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

careful, you might end up on his show :o

Harry Dunning and Jens Kruger: a marriage in heaven!
Let the soap run free!

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:27 pm Harry Dunning and Jens Kruger: a marriage in heaven!
Let the soap run free!
"on his show" is not a euphemism for "joining two together as one" no matter how you slice it.

hell do a voice, and say things :o
in his imagined style of jens! :scared:

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:06 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:45 pm
Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am Here's a quick update on the Waves saga...

A Waves affiliate's video was removed after he exposed their fake apology from the CTO Meir Shaashua (who apparently can't spell his own name).

https://youtu.be/M9DRL7EpwG4
Your channel, that I just now discovered, is probably the best thing that has ever happened to music production community! :tu:

It's like Fonejacker Terry Tibbs but plugins! :phones:

Tears in the eyes from laughing so much from the video below!!! :hihi: :hihi: :lol: :lol: LOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oxTznkTctU
Thank you Yadrichik! I really appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you enjoy the channel.
I more than enjoy it!

Hahaha the 01:38-01:42 part in the Beato video:
”I want to get away, I want to fly away” (and then the stuttering smile) KILLS me every time! GENIUS! :lol:

The Dom Sigalas vs Weaverbeats is hilarious! :hihi:

Ooooohhh the, *AUDIO SCAM: Produce Like A Pro funds Russian WAR !!* is just too much! LOL! Felt like it was a long time ago I laughed so much! Thank you! :pray:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYfHveVdByM

If your intention is to blow up on Youtube I 100% hope you really do! :party:
Regardless the outcome this channel is the best stuff I've seen in ages! :tu: :tu: :tu:
Fusion

vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:24 pm careful, you might end up on his show :o
If I end up finding a dead rat, I'll gladly donate its arse.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:42 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:24 pm careful, you might end up on his show :o
If I end up finding a dead rat, I'll gladly donate its arse.
:lol:

jens wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:16 pm
Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:27 pm
jens wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:20 pm
Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am who apparently can't spell his own name
What is that about?
The PR department that wrote the apology letter spelt the CTO’s name wrong. His name is Meir Shaashua. In the email and on their website it’s spelt Meir Shashoua.

lol - that's a good one.

Waves are from Israel, you know? And the official language of Israel is Hewbrew, which is written in Ktav Ashuri, which means to write his name with the Latinum Alphabet it needs to be transcribed.
And with languages for which that is neccessary (other examples are Mandarin, Russian and Thai) there are usually different methods to make such a transcription - and hence different ways to write the same word or name with the Latinum Alphabet (none of which method is ever perfect).
In the case of Hebrew there are both a phonetic and a phonemic transcription system. So that is very likely the cause of the different spellings of his name.

Yay, another wonderful example of the Dunning Kruger effect. :party:
Whether the name was transcribed from Hebrew or not, Meir spells his name "Shaashua" (as seen on the Waves 'about' page and on his personal LinkedIn). Whoever wrote the apology didn't check. Thanks for the linguistics lesson though!

lol...

what makes you so sure he always uses the same transcription? For instance for his patent applications he uses the "Shashoua"-spelling:

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/meir-shashoua

That's a sad bit of nothing you have there. ;-)

Seems you don't have it in you to be a smart-arse, so my advice is: don't try!

Harry Slate wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:42 pm Thanks for the linguistics lesson though!
If it takes this little, I will gladly give you any kind of lesson - you obviously have use for them too. :-)

While this may be an odd post considering this topic is all about criticizing Waves, I am really impressed with StudioRack + StudioVerse. I am seeing StudioRack as a "Komplete Kontrol" for effects, as it not only loads Waves plugins, but any VST3 effect plugins you own (some may not even know about this).

KK does have effects (although it is only for the instrument loaded), but with StudioRack the workflow seems to be excellent for mixing, especially when combined with StudioVerse. Since I use FL Studio and there are few things I don't like about the Mixer, using StudioRack and then loading effects/chains inside it seems to be offering a better workflow. Using multiple instances of StudioRack barely uses any CPU, so I am going to try and make this as my default workflow.

Note that for StudioVerse you need to be on StudioRack V14 with latest updates. If you don't have StudioRack V14 and want to use StudioVerse, you can now easily WUP it for cheap (~$18).

Waves may have caused a huge hatred for their business decisions, but I think they are doing great as far as the technical (which is more important) side of things is concerned. Just trying to see the positive side of it. It is easy to talk about getting rid of Waves, but if you have using their plugins for any length of time, it won't be easy.

A nice video by Dan from Waves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Qo2MTJ2fo

Is the subscription necessary for StudioVerse?

serge wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:04 pm Is the subscription necessary for StudioVerse?
No, as long as you have StudioRack V14 with the latest updates from Waves Central.

EDIT: If not, you can simply WUP it to the latest version, as I mentioned in the post above.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:14 pm
serge wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:04 pm Is the subscription necessary for StudioVerse?
No, as long as you have StudioRack V14 with the latest updates from Waves Central.
And all the Waves plugins that are necessary for the fx chain presets in Studiorack.

LFO8 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:14 pm
And all the Waves plugins that are necessary for the fx chain presets in Studiorack.
Yes, but the chains will work even if you don't own certain plugins. That plugin will just not load (and you can simply remove it), so you could still use the rest of the chain and tweak as needed.

But of course, the more Waves plugins you own the better the experience, especially bundles. I do, and hence it should be useful for me.

Guess that's why having the subscription plan would probably work best with StudioVerse, which is probably their idea behind it. But you could still use StudioRack with your owned Waves and other third party VST3 plugins to create your chains without using StudioVerse.

Return to “Effects”