One Synth Challenge #170: Octasine by Joakim Frostegård (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... llenge-170

Results:
Here

Vote Here (Please Make an Account if you have not):

Here's How Voting Works:
  1. Register here at this site, or login here if you have your credentials, but make sure to *Read the Rules for voting*
  2. Listen to all the amazing tracks of the month , and comment on Soundcloud
  3. All tracks are scored from 1 to 5, by dragging them over.
  4. **YOU MUST score ALL tracks by the end of the day on the 15th, and if you don't vote, you are disqualified**
  5. Tell us you voted here in a forum post
  6. If you have problems, let us know :)
  7. Most importantly... have fun!
  8. Voting Tip: You can zoom out (Scroll wheel or cmd/ctr+minus/plus) on the voting page to see many more tracks. You can use the scroll wheel while dragging at rack. Dragging the track from the play button is the best handle.

**MAKE SURE YOU READ THE RULES** | See Contest Page for latest track Submissions, Info, FAQ & More

Welcome to the the latest One Synth Challenge:
It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

This Month's Synth:
"A free and open source frequency modulation synthesizer plugin (VST2, CLAP). Runs on macOS, Windows and Linux."

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $100 (Normally $50, but the last winner passed it on!). (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

USD via Paypal : Anonymous: $200 (or about 185 euro) prize to one lucky winner! Thank you anonymous person <3!

Touch The Universe : **New Prize!!!*** Winner has option to receive 50 banks, totaling $1000 USD!!!

Red Rock Sound : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of any plugin

NUSofting : **New Prize** Choose 1 Copy of either Sinmad or Echobis

nakst : **New Prize** 1 copy of Integrate (A FL Studio / CLAP format synth only. *Not VST / Standalone*)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: 1x NFR license of either Bioscape or the new Lunaris 2 (or two soundsets of choice)

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Tue May 16, 2023 5:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Är vederbörande ”Studering-in” utvecklare ens fullt medveten om denna, ja nära på nepotistiska, fadäs? Jag kräver ett svar från Kåveärrs högsta höns bums! :tantrum:
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:38 pm Är vederbörande ”Studering-in” utvecklare ens fullt medveten om denna, ja nära på nepotistiska, fadäs? Jag kräver ett svar från Kåveärrs högsta höns bums! :tantrum:
Я абсолютно согласен, этот синтезатор не работает и у меня! :x

IV! wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:02 pm
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:38 pm Är vederbörande ”Studering-in” utvecklare ens fullt medveten om denna, ja nära på nepotistiska, fadäs? Jag kräver ett svar från Kåveärrs högsta höns bums! :tantrum:
Klart den funkar! Den ÄR ju sjukt funkig! FM = Funkig , (ja) Mådu lev eller lering, det kvittar! :x
Det glada 80-talet: Permanentat hår, skrikiga färger och kokain näsgodis i överflöd.
Det är inte det som är problemet.
Nu får du allt ge dig!

Asså käre IV, min ÅSK-broder, det är faktiskt så här det ligger till, nu ska jag förklara :tu:
Klevgrand släppte nyligen Speldosa.
Jag satt verkligen och väntade på hur tråden kring Speldosa skulle skapas så jag kunde tipsa Klevgrand om följande: ”Vänligen utveckla en hybrid mellan Speldosa + Pipa = Snusdosa.” :P

Kåve-Ärrs instrument avdelning har verkligen tappat det TOTALT för Speldosa nämns inte alls, men det gör plötsligt denna obskyra synt baserad på frekvensmodulering istället…!

Ja du fattar ju själv nu varför jag blir helt SKOGSTOKIG, det gör dessvärre inte programmet du kommer översätta detta med….överhuvudtaget… ;)
With all the fx, amp and synth emulations out there, not to mention AI, you can finally sound like…? Someone else and something that has already been done! :clap: :tu: :party: ------- :scared:

sandaler är just vad det är!

speldosa is quite nice though for what it is, if you are into that sort of thing. which i assume you are since we are all sensible people here, mostly.

anyways, octasine has a hidden extra challenge mode that i just managed to unlock completely by accident: the clap version has no gui in bitwig! it's a cool feature but i think i'll stick with easy mode for now.

emikaela wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:44 pm sandaler är just vad det är!

speldosa is quite nice though for what it is, if you are into that sort of thing. which i assume you are since we are all sensible people here, mostly.

anyways, octasine has a hidden extra challenge mode that i just managed to unlock completely by accident: the clap version has no gui in bitwig! it's a cool feature but i think i'll stick with easy mode for now.
LOL! :lol:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:27 pm
IV! wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:02 pm
Klart den funkar! Den ÄR ju sjukt funkig! FM = Funkig , (ja) Mådu lev eller lering, det kvittar! :x
Det glada 80-talet: Permanentat hår, skrikiga färger och kokain näsgodis i överflöd.
Det är inte det som är problemet.
Nu får du allt ge dig!

Asså käre IV, min ÅSK-broder, det är faktiskt så här det ligger till, nu ska jag förklara :tu:
Klevgrand släppte nyligen Speldosa.
Jag satt verkligen och väntade på hur tråden kring Speldosa skulle skapas så jag kunde tipsa Klevgrand om följande: ”Vänligen utveckla en hybrid mellan Speldosa + Pipa = Snusdosa.” :P

Kåve-Ärrs instrument avdelning har verkligen tappat det TOTALT för Speldosa nämns inte alls, men det gör plötsligt denna obskyra synt baserad på frekvensmodulering istället…!

Ja du fattar ju själv nu varför jag blir helt SKOGSTOKIG, det gör dessvärre inte programmet du kommer översätta detta med….överhuvudtaget… ;)
You're right, I'm mostly playing along) At least someone's chicken asses are really safe now?..

This synth really doesn't work on Win7 when I just started getting inspired after last month... :scared: So I perceive all the other claims around me with silent contempt! :hihi:

I'm really going to smoke a stick of sandal and indulge in acoustic instruments in multispace prostration... :violin:

I'll be here and not here, but I'll be communicating with you in the language of music probably next month.

IV! wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:02 pm
You're right, I'm mostly playing along) At least someone's chicken asses are really safe now?..
Bra fråga! Min synpunkt är följande:
Något sånt som ett fallskärmsavtal gör att ”högsta hönsen”, tyvärr, ALLTID klarar sig och kan dra sig ur ”bums”, ruskigt snabbt, ja med blixtens hastighet min ÅSK-broder. :wheee: Ett annat välbeprövat knep högsta hönsen kör med, är att helt enkelt skylla allting på någon stackars underordnad, som får ta hela smällen… :clap:
Att ”chicken” dessutom är slang för ”fegis” gör ju inte det hela mycket bättre.
:hug:
This synth really doesn't work on Win7 when I just started getting inspired after last month... :scared: So I perceive all the other claims around me with silent contempt! :hihi:

I'm really going to smoke a stick of sandal and indulge in acoustic instruments in multispace prostration... :violin:

I'll be here and not here, but I'll be communicating with you in the language of music probably next month.
If you can't enter I think I'll skip this month and join you next month! :tu:
If I do enter this month it will only be a 100% parody track, any ideas for a good theme? 8) Sometimes the pitch-to-midi guitar tracking can create the strangest sounds, might just explore that with Octasine :lol:
If I can even get it to work :hihi:

I'm just going to ignore google translate and write what I was writing...

Hm, that's a neat one. Very simple, very minimalistic, but I'm sure it can go pretty nuts. I'm already enjoying it. Something that oh so easily can change, but for now... yay. Maybe I'll manage to make a track this month!? :shrug: :hyper:

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:47 pm Att ”chicken” dessutom är slang för ”fegis” gör ju inte det hela mycket bättre.
[/b] :hug:
No, that explains a lot! :hihi: I would just like to know the meaning of the expression "ÅSK-broder"?
Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:47 pmIf you can't enter I think I'll skip this month and join you next month! :tu:
If I do enter this month it will only be a 100% parody track, any ideas for a good theme? 8) Sometimes the pitch-to-midi guitar tracking can create the strangest sounds, might just explore that with Octasine :lol:
If I can even get it to work :hihi:
Enter this and the next and as much as you can, thinking of it as a work to increase the Good in the World! :ud: I would have thought that your instrumental interpretation of "Diva Plavalaguna's Aria" would have been an Etalon in such circles of music, where many great musicians are allowed only to peek through the keyhole for a moment!

I can't get it to open on Mac. The terminal command returns that the file cannot be found. I tried copying the text they give, which does not have the correct name, and also corrected the file name and it still won't work.....

In new synth this month contest no any Presets! All are empty.
Octa Sine v0.8
Is that normal or my mistake something?.... :o

So far the Synth seems usable but a bit limited in not a great way. The ADSR seems only to be ADS minus the R. I can't figure out how to get the LFO to work right as I don't think there seems to be much control over how fast they oscillate. The sound I have made so far feels harsher than I would like too with more of a digital sound. I hope the developer is still active on the project and that we might get an update during the competition with some improvements.

I can not work out how to install this - neither VST2 nor CLAP formats show up after re-scan in REAPER (Windows 11). Anyone help with the best file path - the one I created obviously isn't correct.

NVM- Fixed it got CLAP to work.
Last edited by The B00 on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The B00 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:01 am I can not work out how to install this - neither VST2 nor CLAP formats show up after re-scan in REAPER (Windows 11). Anyone help with the best file path - the one I created obviously isn't correct.
I had to put it under C drive steinberg etc like it suggests instead of my usual place on the d drive. Also using reaper/windows.

I also don't see how to change the LFO rate.

Return to “Instruments”