Studio One 6.1 is in the pipeline

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When seeing them side by side like that, 6 looks much better.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

apoclypse wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:32 amThat's 6. You can tell because in 5 it looks like this ...
Excellent! I wanted to show them side-by-side but I've wiped my laptop so I don't have v5 installed any more. But I'll use your screenshot to prove to you that the icons are IDENTICAL in each version and the spacing is so close in each as to make absolutely no difference to anything or anyone.

5v6.jpg
As you can see, the spacing is just a handful of pixels different, maybe 20 pixels across the whole length of the toolbar. And if space is at a premium, then customising the toolbar puts v6 streets ahead.
Dragging and dropping an instrument into the project while playback is happening shouldn't crash the app either.
It's a pretty certain way to crash Adobe After Effects so Studio One is in good company.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I find the plugin Micro View really annoying because every time you click a plugin header, it opens up. And old songs may load with some (or all) of them open.

That said, I do like how Micro View controls are available for all 3rd party plugins now, and you can add or remove any parameters that you like. It is extremely useful for plugins that don't accept numerical input when editing, because now Studio One provides it for you. Precise values are now possible in any plugin!

I just wish there was a way to disable expanding them because I will never stop opening them on accident.

https://youtu.be/Em62uypnQOo

jamcat wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:24 am I find the plugin Micro View really annoying because every time you click a plugin header, it opens up. And old songs may load with some (or all) of them open.

That said, I do like how Micro View controls are available for all 3rd party plugins now, and you can add or remove any parameters that you like. It is extremely useful for plugins that don't accept numerical input when editing, because now Studio One provides it for you. Precise values are now possible in any plugin!

I just wish there was a way to disable expanding them because I will never stop opening them on accident.

https://youtu.be/Em62uypnQOo
I wished many times already it would be the other way round...

Single click opens the plugin...
Double click opens the Expanded View...

This would make more sense to me... but... it is what it is... 8)

I am having a nightmare with it. Every time I try to export audio the audio engine drops out. I used to get some big projects done on 24bit, 512 samples and maximum dropout protection on V5, but now I there is a weird thing happening.

CPU can be sitting at 3% and plugins disabled, and as soon as I hit export, I get a red blip and CPU briefly hits 100% and Disk 1% and the audio engine crashes.

I have randomly managed to export about three times, but there is no rhyme or reason to it.
Tried restting plugin list, every combo of buffers and tried two reliable audio interfaces.

Nothing really new on my PC that I can think of.
Set Norton to silent mode, even disabled it but no change whatsoever.

At the moment, the engine drops out even when I bypass effects.

Not being able to export realtime with plugins makes it thoroughly unusable. The problem being that once songs are opened in V6 they cannot be opened in V5. Nice one, Presonus!

darrensensei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 pm Every time I try to export audio the audio engine drops out.
Try this until you get export sorted out.

https://youtu.be/6QLpEebMmZw

Trancit wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:26 am
jamcat wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:24 am I find the plugin Micro View really annoying because every time you click a plugin header, it opens up.
I wished many times already it would be the other way round...

Single click opens the plugin...
Double click opens the Expanded View...

This would make more sense to me... but... it is what it is... 8)
Shift+click would make the most sense. That’s also how you enable/disable solo safe.

BONES wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:43 am
apoclypse wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:32 amThat's 6. You can tell because in 5 it looks like this ...
Excellent! I wanted to show them side-by-side but I've wiped my laptop so I don't have v5 installed any more. But I'll use your screenshot to prove to you that the icons are IDENTICAL in each version and the spacing is so close in each as to make absolutely no difference to anything or anyone.

5v6.jpg

As you can see, the spacing is just a handful of pixels different, maybe 20 pixels across the whole length of the toolbar. And if space is at a premium, then customising the toolbar puts v6 streets ahead.
Dragging and dropping an instrument into the project while playback is happening shouldn't crash the app either.
It's a pretty certain way to crash Adobe After Effects so Studio One is in good company.

I never said that icons in that particular bar changed so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make there. You asked if I could tell the difference and you have be either blind or unobservant not to be able to tell version 5 from version 6.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

One thing I don't like about the new track icons is I notice you only get a Strat, a Tele, and a P-Bass icon for electric guitars. No Les Paul or 335, etc.

It's a bad look for Fender.

Studio One's fonts look really bad on Windows with the black background from those images above. With lighter backgrounds it's not so bad but man... the GUI of Studio One is getting worse in this area. I think Presonus really need a complete new GUI system, and to stop making it look so tacky.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

delete post , got it working :lol:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

jamcat wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 pm
darrensensei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 pm Every time I try to export audio the audio engine drops out.
Try this until you get export sorted out.

https://youtu.be/6QLpEebMmZw
Cheers mate! I will give that a go! I seem to be able to export stems, for some weird reason, so I am going to load the bus tracks in ProTools free version and if I have no problems exporting from there, I will be able to narrow it down to a Studio One bug. I have noticed that despite all the bells and whistles, V5 seemed to be more stable. I think Presonus screwed up by making V6 songs incompatible with V5. It is fine if you open up projects in V6 armed with that knowledge, but I bet a lot of people will open projects either in a demo of V6 or run into V6 problems and find that they lose A LOT of work if they didn’t know to make a V5 copy of their project first. I am a fan of Studio One, but it could be seen as a cynical way to force people into upgrading. I hope people are aware of this before opening V5 projects in a trial version of V6.

apoclypse wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:00 pmI never said that icons in that particular bar changed so I’m not sure what point you are trying to make there.
Well, which icons were you talking about? I can only respond to what you've written, it's hardly my fault if your posts aren't accurate. You said the differences were "drastic", I think the side-by-side shows they are hardly different at all.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

darrensensei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:51 pm I am having a nightmare with it. Every time I try to export audio the audio engine drops out. I used to get some big projects done on 24bit, 512 samples and maximum dropout protection on V5, but now I there is a weird thing happening.

CPU can be sitting at 3% and plugins disabled, and as soon as I hit export, I get a red blip and CPU briefly hits 100% and Disk 1% and the audio engine crashes.

I have randomly managed to export about three times, but there is no rhyme or reason to it.
Tried restting plugin list, every combo of buffers and tried two reliable audio interfaces.

Nothing really new on my PC that I can think of.
Set Norton to silent mode, even disabled it but no change whatsoever.

At the moment, the engine drops out even when I bypass effects.

Not being able to export realtime with plugins makes it thoroughly unusable. The problem being that once songs are opened in V6 they cannot be opened in V5. Nice one, Presonus!

Something similar happens on my even when I'm not exporting. I have a project sitting idle and every few seconds it blips to 100% the UI becomes unresponsive then goes back down to 10-15% and does that over and over again. I tried looking at the built in resource monitor but the UI stops responding when it blips so I can never see what's spiking the CPU. Open the same project in version 5 and have no issues whatsoever. In my settings I have dropout protection set to minimal.

The fact that S1 v5 works fine and S1 v6 even if I resave the project is having issues is very weird to me.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

darrensensei wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:36 pm I think Presonus screwed up by making V6 songs incompatible with V5. It is fine if you open up projects in V6 armed with that knowledge, but I bet a lot of people will open projects either in a demo of V6 or run into V6 problems and find that they lose A LOT of work if they didn’t know to make a V5 copy of their project first
Every upgrade to Studio One has been like this for as long as I can remember. And I’ve been using it since version 1.x.

Each new version adds features that are saved in the song, like the Chord Track, notation, clip gain envelopes, Track icons, sends on FX channels. So not just new editing functions, plugins, or new ways to display things.

The data that is embedded in the file to support these new song features can’t be interpreted by older versions.

Before you save a song from an older version, Studio One warns you that it will no longer be compatible. Merely opening it doesn’t change the file. Only saving it does.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”