U-HE Zebra 3 Alpha Prototype Developments

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs, we're allowed to share the private video's posted on beta forum ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:42 pm Urs, we're allowed to share the private video's posted on beta forum ?
Ah... yeah, I should list them... go ahead!

Eyeball exchanging

Daru925 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 1:07 pm Using autocad and 3dsmax to generate wavetables and enveloppes^^
I actually have a module to create wavetables in SideFX Houdini from things like terrains and all kinds of meshes, noises etc. :tu: :clap: :party:
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

These emoticons are worth more than 10 000 words

:o :hail: :-o

lobanov wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:11 am
liquidsound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:05 am Well… now I don’t mind waiting for another year (or two :scared:)
Urs now isn't just speaking. He is demonstrating us something real and mostly working.
Have you heard the 90/10 rule? It’s true what they say about the last 10% of a project…
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:20 pm
liquidsound wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 6:05 am Well… now I don’t mind waiting for another year (or two :scared:)
Urs now isn't just speaking. He is demonstrating us something real and mostly working.
Have you heard the 90/10 rule? It’s true what they say about the last 10% of a project…
You mean the first 11 years were 10% of the time? :oops:

Love the T-shirt on Sonicstate vid :)
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:26 pm Love the T-shirt on Sonicstate vid :)
cost is 100$, buy now :?
aliasing plugin owner
:?

I want that shirt.

So cool to see the myth coming to life. 8)

Wow, this is so cool! Are you guys pretty much full steam on z3 at this point?
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:22 pm
I don’t know if they have this saying in Deutschland, but the adage here is that you spend a way disproportional amount of time and effort (90%) getting that last 10% of a software project done, so it feels like 90% of your effort went into the last 10%. That’s not true, of course, but it feels like it, and it always seems impossible to judge how much work there’s left to do.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:46 pm Wow, this is so cool! Are you guys pretty much full steam on z3 at this point?
Hehehe, unfortunately that's not really how this works :)

Surely, the things presented here (and maybe two other sets of modules) are intense research and development, and it would be great if we could just focus on those.

But what Zebra3 needs most are general improvements (e.g. the extensive Drag'n'Drop and Copy/Paste support using the system clipboard, the custom cursor system we now have, the new and more flexible platform dialogs, localisation, bringing AAX back to Mac, updated VST3 support, I mentioned horizontally scrolling module racks). That is "full steam everything", and it is more time demanding stuff than any module that we still have to write for Zebra3. It's what we've been doing for the past 4-5 years while we also started polishing MFM, Uhbik and Filterscape. This is part of an ongoing process...

I think the whole idea here is to show that this whole process has finally reached a focal point where all those threads come together.

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:54 pm
Urs wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 2:22 pm
I don’t know if they have this saying in Deutschland, but the adage here is that you spend a way disproportional amount of time and effort (90%) getting that last 10% of a software project done, so it feels like 90% of your effort went into the last 10%. That’s not true, of course, but it feels like it, and it always seems impossible to judge how much work there’s left to do.
Yes, same here. As I said before, I think that a lot of major developments have converged in their final stages, and in comparison to the past 11 years, the remaining things to do should be a few pieces of cake. Some of those may have some mustard on them, but I'm in good spirits.

Return to “Instruments”