AudioStuttering on playback in Acoustica 7.4.7

Official support for: acondigital.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Otium wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 2:10 pm I have just checked the Beta 7.4.13. It seems to work!! :party: The stuttering/drop-outs are gone. The graphics performance on the 4k display is better but still a bit sluggish. But I can use the other display for the time being.
But finally I can really use it. Looking forward to integrate it into my workflows.
Thanks Stian!

Alex
Thanks for confirming -- that's great news, indeed!

Best,
Stian

Meanwhile I have seen how fast and snappy Acoustica runs on a modern Windows PC and I recognized that the Mac M1 is still far far away from that performance level. Do you think it's possible to achieve this performance on a Mac in the future?

Best,
Alex

Hello:

I am on 7.4.14 and get stuttering only when in EQ. I am using a 2021 MBP16 M1Max 64 GB 16 Core CPU, 32 Core GPU.

Don

Otium wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:19 am Meanwhile I have seen how fast and snappy Acoustica runs on a modern Windows PC and I recognized that the Mac M1 is still far far away from that performance level. Do you think it's possible to achieve this performance on a Mac in the future?

Best,
Alex
Thanks for reporting. My Mac Mini M1 test computer seems very fast and snappy when running Acoustica here. The UI seems a bit snappier than my Intel Mac. In which parts of Acoustica are you experiencing the performance issues?
dgbarar wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:38 pm Hello:

I am on 7.4.14 and get stuttering only when in EQ. I am using a 2021 MBP16 M1Max 64 GB 16 Core CPU, 32 Core GPU.

Don
Thanks for the report. Is that when moving the bands? Especially the mixed phase requires quite a bit of calculations in a background thread, so that might be the culprit. We'll look into that.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:24 am In which parts of Acoustica are you experiencing the performance issues?
I think with the recent update it might have gotten a bit better than before. But on all screens (MBP M1 Pro 14" Built-In Display, 1080 display and 4k display) there's still a noticeable lag between zooming of the time ruler on top and both, the waveform- and spectral view-display. The 4k screen lags most of course, like half a second-ish with maximized window. But on the other displays it runs OK.

best,
Alex

Hi Stian:

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, the stuttering occurs when I move the bands to find where I want to cut.

I see that 7.5.2 just dropped. I’ll try that to see if there are any improvements and report back.

Don

dgbarar wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:10 am Hi Stian:

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, the stuttering occurs when I move the bands to find where I want to cut.

I see that 7.5.2 just dropped. I’ll try that to see if there are any improvements and report back.
Excellent, we'll do some research here as well.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian:

Just tried 7.5.2. Stuttering is vastly improved when I move the bands searching for what frequency I want to remove. However, there is still some left. But again, a significant improvement.

Don

dgbarar wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:44 pm Just tried 7.5.2. Stuttering is vastly improved when I move the bands searching for what frequency I want to remove. However, there is still some left. But again, a significant improvement.
Thanks for letting us know. We'll try to improve the CPU usage when moving bands. I assume that you get this when using the "Mixed phase" mode, so you can try Minimal or Linear phase, and see if that helps.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian:

Not certain what the "phase" modes are. But I will go back through the manual, give them a try, and report back.

Don

Hi Stian:

Linear mode appears to work best with no stuttering while scanning for frequencies to cut. Thank you for the suggestion.

Don

Return to “Acon Digital”